Wire burnt on main fuse link by battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wire burnt on main fuse link by battery

Over the weekend my car was really hard to start, i was due to go out tonight and guess what it was flat as a pancake, tried to jump it and it took 15mins to get started leave it running 10mins turn it off and it wouldnt start again or even turn over.

I removed the battery only to more horror to find the 3 wires that go on to the Ford main black fuse box which bolts onto the battery to all be burnt and wire exposed

I then traced the wires back and the 3 black wires go into a very thick red and a very thin red wire so my question is can these 3 leads still be purchased from Frauds?

If not can i make them up my self and join it to the main thick and thin red wire or will i have to get someone to do it????

Could this be why my battery has been dying if left for more then 2 days

if its not holding charge/not even charging then there is something fundamentally wrong somewhere, but i guess you already knew that

The wires have overheated for a start, which is bad. But whats important is why. dodgy earth?? short circuit, wire badly degraded? fuse box melt down? etc etc.

Medically Discharged!! Officially insane!!!
    My toy!! Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3 Pic 4

Comment

Bad contact -drawing to much current!

Comment

Working...
      X