possibly the biggest turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possibly the biggest turbo

went to a meet today with a local club and this has to be the biggest turbo i ever seen on a cosworth, its no wonder the car owes him over 100k

and in the first picture that is an I-phone on the inlet pipe to give you an idea of size

OLD FORDS DONT DIE, THEY BECOME CLASSIC

youve got to say what size turbo it is, and the claimed power figure!!

actually, is that a white Saph

Comment

your spot on its a white saff it is rob tarys from my home town, first time i seen it out as its usually being re-built lol, its 800bhp and the worlds fastest at 206mph, it sees 100mph in a shade over 6 seconds

Comment

my favorite saff of all time few vids on youtube mark shead driving it, of it but i dont know how to upload links.

Comment

100k if thats over the years maybe but not as it sits surely to god !

Comment

Originally posted by j1mbo View Post
            100k if thats over the years maybe but not as it sits surely to god !
            Either way its shocking Jim

Comment

aye it is but to be honest the car as it sits right there isnt 100k worth surely to god

be good if rod comes on and shuts me up but suuuurely it cant be

Comment

Probably 100k over time, and I can believe it is easy to do with that level of project.

Mine has cost me over 50k in the past 5 years it's been off the road

Comment

ah yes overtime totally, the amount of engines from i guess 4-800hp !

Comment

Jesus that is a big turbo you would have time to eat your dinner before that would spool up

Comment

aye it is but to be honest the car as it sits right there isnt 100k worth surely to god

be good if rod comes on and shuts me up but suuuurely it cant be
                      That will be what Rod has spent this includes buying the car a 400hp engine a 500hp engine a 600hp engine a 800hp engine, all the mods beam/diff/gearbox/clutchs/fuel system/nos/all the intercooler upgrades/breather system/brakes/about 4 sets of wheels/suspension/gauges/cage/ecu/inlets/exhausts/turbos and there will be many more parts in that so 100k aint a bad price.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by tommi View Post
                        Jesus that is a big turbo you would have time to eat your dinner before that would spool up

Full boost is around 4600rpm so not bad I have seen T4's with more lag.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by mark shead View Post
                          That will be what Rod has spent this includes buying the car a 400hp engine a 500hp engine a 600hp engine a 800hp engine, all the mods beam/diff/gearbox/clutchs/fuel system/nos/all the intercooler upgrades/breather system/brakes/about 4 sets of wheels/suspension/gauges/cage/ecu/inlets/exhausts/turbos and there will be many more parts in that so 100k aint a bad price.

Mark
                          was going to say must be over the years

canty be more than 40/50k as it stands now ?

either way for a old taxi its alot of money

Comment

was going to say must be over the years

canty be more than 40/50k as it stands now ?

either way for a old taxi its alot of money
                            If I and Rod was paid to remake one inc the labour I am sure we would spend more than that.

Mark

Comment

you got to appreciate the time and effort that has gone into building such a machine, the thing that surprises me the most is just how it dont blow the head off on boost, gees there must be some pressure to keep in there on full chat

Comment

Working...
                              X