Retro fitting Aircon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retro fitting Aircon

Anyone know anything about this, its not for the escos but for my MK6 RS2000, have been told that it may not be as simple as just fitting all the parts and the a/c wiring loom, apparently I may need the whole loom and ecu.

But I'm sure with all the right bits you can retro fit them on the escos, what the guy was saying its more the control of the idle that could be the problem if I don't have the ECU or whole loom

The bulkhead is different, as it has all the hose connections etc...
    Mike Rainbird

Click above - Sarcasm is just a free service I provide.

http://www.rsnorfolk.co.uk/

Nordschleife, there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right .

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Rainbird View Post
      The bulkhead is different, as it has all the hose connections etc...
      but nothing that couldn't be changed or drilled out though surely

the kit comes with the heater matrix and all other components, I don't mind if its a case of drilling a couple of holes for the extra connections, but if I go to all that work only to find out I need the whole loom and ecu I will be absolutely gutted, as I can't imagine it will be easy to find an a/c wiring loom

Comment

Ill be keeping an eye on this thread as I want to put the air con back in my car. Fortunately the wiring and evaporator unit are still there but I am now running a level 6 so will have the same idle controlling issues

Comment

but surely that ECU would have the capabilities as isn't that the one used in the later saffs

Can you really see Ford making two separate wiring looms, they usually have the wires there but nothing else for things like the heated screens, fog lights etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Purnell View Post
            but surely that ECU would have the capabilities as isn't that the one used in the later saffs

Can you really see Ford making two separate wiring looms, they usually have the wires there but nothing else for things like the heated screens, fog lights etc...
            No, L8 is late Sapphire .
            Mike Rainbird

Click above - Sarcasm is just a free service I provide.

http://www.rsnorfolk.co.uk/

Nordschleife, there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right .

Comment

doh wrong again

Comment

im not up to spec on the rs2000 system ben,but first off check to see if the loom is already there, look for the connections etc,if it isnt then i wouldnt bother with it

Comment

Nick which bits would you check extra connection for the fan, condensor, maybe heater control, I can't think what other connectors there would be

Comment

there would be one for the pump,prob on the chassis rail loom,one for the receiver drier and one behind the bulkhead firewall area if its similar to the esc cos,i know theyre diff but there should be some plugs in those sort of areas ben if it has the loom already in

Comment

cheers Nick, this is what the kit consists of that a guy is selling
                      AC Pump
                      PAS pump
                      brackets & bolts
                      Matrix
                      Pipes
                      both radiators
                      Condenser
                      Wiring loom
                      dashboard control switch

which seems to suggest you can remove the wiring loom separateky, must admit I don't recall seeing any of those connectors in mine or the one I hve just stripped, damn sure there weren't many spare connectors on that one as I took the loom apart so I can rewire the MG

Comment

does sound like it then doesnt it,any pics of it all ben? if he has the loom then it shouldnt be too dificult to sort it

Comment

that's exactly what I thought damn good price for a lot of work though but will be worth it

Comment

Long time since I've owned an RS2000, but I did look into fitting air con at the time. If memory serves the ECU is only different in that it lifts the idle speed slightly when the compressor is engaged to stop the engine from dying. You might be able to get away without that feature. The rest of the aircon wiring is relatively simple and could be spliced into the existing loom without too much difficulty.

For some reason I seem to recall that the exhaust manifold may also be different with air con in that one of the lambda probes fouls the compressor, so a revised manifold is fitted with it re-orientated.

Comment

It should be pretty straight forward and if you cant just add wire to ecu you could wire it to powersteering sensor in pipe which raise's idle when steering on lock

gloss black big turbo lux with heated leather's etc .

Comment

Working...
                              X