Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2wd conversion

Evening guys,

Does anybody have a detailed list of what parts are needed to conv an escos to rear wheel drive.

I've already done a search and had no luck.

Cheers guys
    Dave

I've done it on mine.

You'll need:

2wd Box
    2wd Prop needs to shortened
    2wd rear diff
    I used 2wd beams front and rear
    Different gearbox cradle part number: 6177696 (£19 iirc)

I cant think of any other bits you'll need off the top of my head.

I bought a 2wd saff for the running gear a sold the other bits, quite cheap really.

Follow me on Instagram @billy_rs

Comment

Ok cheers bud.

Comment

Ideally the 2wd front hubs and struts.
        2wd Steering rack.
        crossmember.
        Gearbox.
        Gearbox cradle.
        Prop.

You can get away with your 4x4 rear beam and 7" diff dependant on your diff choice, or you could fetle a 7.5" diff into the 7" beam

if your changing front hubs then don't forget the relevant bells and brackets to accomodate.
        If you change to a 2wd rear beam and front hubs then be prepared for your wheels to alter aswell.

The last few bits are not compulsary but depends how you go about it all.

Comment

Don't bother changing any of the front setup, it's a LOT of hastle. All this talk of them handling badly with the 4x4 front end is utter rubbish and usually spoken by those who haven't done it! Just take the fron shafts out and leave the stub shafts in to hold the wheel bearings together.
          Do it, you won't regret it!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by igotblueblood View Post
            Don't bother changing any of the front setup, it's a LOT of hastle. All this talk of them handling badly with the 4x4 front end is utter rubbish and usually spoken by those who haven't done it! Just take the fron shafts out and leave the stub shafts in to hold the wheel bearings together.
            Do it, you won't regret it!!!!!!!
            I have spoken to a couple of people that have done this and they say it's best to go for the full 2wd front end to eliminate bump steer
            Andy

Comment

I certainly wouldn't want to run 4x4 front hubs with a stub end of a drive shaft holding it all together for no reason.
              I'd hunt for the 3dr hubs.

Comment

Both Dom and myself have done this conversion leaving the 4x4 front end in, and neither of us have experienced this illusive "bump steer".
                These people you have spoken to: did they actually try the 4x4 setup first and not like it; or were they told it would cause bump steer and so went down the 2wd route?????
                The other thing I struggle to understand is: if it doesn't bump steer as 4x4; why would it just by removing the shafts???

Comment

i wouldnt both changing the front stuff, no gain what so ever, regards the bumpsteer its not true.. the handling is far better... if you compare 4x4 to 2wd with standard rear beam.. i cant comment on a modified beam on each... i would recommend a 2wd sump tho as they fit perfect with the 4x4 front beam...

i wonder what beam set up danny poole has, as people have said he had the best handling at ford fair... i wish i had seen this!!

i bearly use my cossie at the mo but as its raining i suddenly feel like taking it out!!! i'm just about to check the oil for my sideway evening!!

Comment

For people who have converted to rwd...... would you change back to 4wd if you could afford proper transmission or do you think the car is better the way it is???

Comment

Would NEVER go back! In my humble opinion it is now 1000% better!

Comment

Dave; you're more than welcome to come and have a go in mine if you want

Comment

Originally posted by igotblueblood View Post
                          Dave; you're more than welcome to come and have a go in mine if you want

Thanks bud, thats a really kind offer.

Comment

Working...
                          X