What tyres for 18 inch Rondells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What tyres for 18 inch Rondells

Hi there, just wondered what tyre size people are using on their Rondells. I have just got some for my Escos and was going to buy 225 40 18 s.

I think thats about the right size for an Escos mate, although I'm not sure if some people have wider ones on the rear? Not sure if that's possible?
    M3 CSL is here!

Comment

225/40 or 235/40. dependant on personal choice.

many use 225's on a 8" wheel but the rondells are 8.5".

Comment

Can you run say 225's on the front and 235/245's on the rear on a 4x4 car Kelv?

Or is it the profile 35/40 etc that has to be kept the same on 4x4's?
        M3 CSL is here!

Comment

why would you want to do that Dan, especially if the front and rear wheels are the same size?

but you can yeah, aslong as the rolling radius is almost the same. ie: 225/40 fronts and maybe 245/35 rears

Comment

245/35s all round on an 8½" rim .
            Mike Rainbird

Click above - Sarcasm is just a free service I provide.

http://www.rsnorfolk.co.uk/

Nordschleife, there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right .

Comment

Be careful in using anything wider than 225/40 as they sit very close to the front spring platforms and may not go on without a spacer, unless you are using coilover suspension that is.

Derbyshire RSOC Chairman

Comment

Originally posted by Kelv View Post
                why would you want to do that Dan, especially if the front and rear wheels are the same size?

but you can yeah, aslong as the rolling radius is almost the same. ie: 225/40 fronts and maybe 245/35 rears
                Just wondered if it made a difference to the Escos' like it does Saph's really mate, not the same principle I guess! lol
                M3 CSL is here!

Comment

if its on a 2wd it will have no major issue's atall.

Comment

cheers guys, il go for the 225 40's

Comment

Working...
                    X