Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear spoliers threads

on my wahle tail 2 bolts have been cross threaded

is it possible to heli coil them? as im a little unsure else im going to have to by another spolier

wouldnt have thought so as they are only threaded inserts,there wouldnt be enough material there id have thought,cant you retap them with the right size and reclaim the thread or are they totally fooked? you could always try the helicoil route i suppose as you have nothing left to loose if it doesnt work??

Comment

there proper smooth, i did try a tap to re thread them but nothing

i was thinking of gluing the heli coil in aswell problem is getting the correct angle

Comment

What thread are they Rich?

WE have loads of threaded inserts knocking about at work, I may be able to get you some new ones
        XYZ Fabrications
        Bespoke, custom and low batch quantity cnc profiling, engraving and fabriactions, 07917757695

Comment

the 2 small bolts that bolt the wheale tail to the top of the tailgae mate

i have a heli coil kit here which is the same thread, just dont know im im brave enough to give it ago

Comment

id give it a go-whats there to loose?-everything to gain------fix two bolts into the spoiler stem then use nuts to hold it??-sort of reverse engineeringsee where im coming from?
            good luck

Comment

yeah but id like to have it s bolts if im honest

Comment

if you do get stuck Rich, ive got that blue one that Dave Moss had up for sale, as im now going WRC

Comment

drill them out use chemical metal and mount some bolts in it job jobbed

OH FUCK WHAT WAS THAT NOISE

Comment

Originally posted by Kelv View Post
                    if you do get stuck Rich, ive got that blue one that Dave Moss had up for sale, as im now going WRC
                    hmm could be tempted, txt me how much

jim i want to keep some bits as original as i can without them looking bodge if you get, id rather have bolts heads in the tailgate than a thread and nut as it will look awful

Comment

Don't know what kind of metal the inserts are but possibly they could be filled with JB cold weld and then after it hardens drill it and retap to the original thread.

Comment

Working...
                      X