No announcement yet.

underside protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used U-Pol Gravi Gard stone chip and it is overpaintable. They do black and Grey

http://www.autopaintsbrighton.co.uk/...0ml-1428-p.asp

Comment

Gaz your fuckin nuts wanting to do this, worst job ive ever done and it was on a spit

I scraped all the underseal off mine so it was bare and then had it soda blasted before i did all this. You will be surprised how much rust there is underneath, i thought my shell was mint but after the blasting then me atacking any rust spot with a wire brush on a grinder i soon made some holes i had to weld up properly. Another 5 -10 years time and this would have turned out like a rotten rs turbo imo

Ive just done the sprayable underseal, it lookes fuckin mint now, so chuffed it lookes just like it came out of fords

Comment

Originally posted by escosgaz View Post
        thers a few you can opt for, i use kent proseal 303 and an air caulking gun to spray it on as can match any oe finish with it. an easyier route wud be use a decent car body underseal and apply a few coats to get the build, 3m and soudal do decent ones mate and can get it quite thick if use a gun, failing that you can get aerosol tins of car underseal but they dont have the build of the others ive mentioned.
        what kind of money is on the kent proseal an gun?

Comment

I bought the gun for £60 and the sealer was £10 a tube iirc

Comment

Working...
          X