why do cosworths do this to us!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why do cosworths do this to us!!

ive noticed my cam belt is starting to look abit tiried and i should change it. simple right?

so i start thinking about the job in hand... eg taking the rad out, bottom pulley off, change the tensioner... this is what has happen to me...

if i take the rad out do i want to fit the standard one back in??
    If not do i choose a 60mm black airtec to match my intercooler?
    if i fit a new rad do i fit some slim line fans while i'm there?
    Should i change the bottom pulley to a billet one?
    if i do the bottom pulley should i also change the bottom engine sprocket to billet while i'm there, as the belt is off?
    should i replace the bottom pulley bolt to a stainless one?
    should i change the auxilery pulley to a vernior pulley to match my cam pulleys?
    should i buy a stainless bolt to mount the auxillery pulley?
    should i buy a billet cam belt tensioner?
    should i replace the water pipe under the rad to a nice new one?

why does this always happen! it drives me mad but its starts winding me up, if i dont buy these extra parts i wont enjoy doing the job...

Thats cossies for you! My saff was a realy nice stage 1 useable car that was no hasstle,decent on fuel etc.Now im aiming for 500hp,big brakes etc and i havnt used it for 2 years,wish id been sensible and left it!

Comment

if you fit a bigger rad you will have to use the slim line fans anyhow, id leave the std one if it works perfectly, the billet crank pulleys is your choice, but persoanlly id leave them steel, no point in spending out for a aux pulley as you dont see the thing, same again with stainless bolts, if yours are fine why change something your not going to see, replace the rad water pipe if your still using the std one as these tend to rust quite bad

Comment

richy i know your right but... i may just do the rad and fans as it does it warm if driven really hard... i think everyone would like them pulleys really they are nice!

Comment

Dom, you free any night this week? I could drop down for a chat as I'm in guilford on a course so not too far away.

Comment

dont get me wrong i like the look of the pulleys but for something you dont see as there at the bottom of the engine bay i think its a waste of money, rad and fans will be a good choice, but cossie do get warm if there getting abused lol, i know all mine have but never had any problems ith heat issues, though ill be going alloy rad on mine anyhow

Comment

Originally posted by RWD_cossie_wil View Post
              Dom, you free any night this week? I could drop down for a chat as I'm in guilford on a course so not too far away.
              hi will, the funny thing is mate, i'm in austraila on holiday till friday at my mrs sister's house so i can sneak on here now and again on her computer.. hence why i post at funny english times lol
              shame catch up another time mate.

Comment

I would get your pulleys powder coated. Why spend ££££ on billet ones when standard are perfectly fine.

FletchCossie Sponsors Motoring On Dave

Comment

Originally posted by FletchCossie View Post
                  I would get your pulleys powder coated. Why spend ££££ on billet ones when standard are perfectly fine.
                  agree !

Comment

Don't use billet belt tensioner IMO. Seen them fail

Comment

Working...
                    X