No announcement yet.

Bucket Seats For Fat F***ers??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't really got a budget, just getting an idea Is it worth spending loads of cash on a decent one when something for £200 would do? or is there a noticeable difference?

FletchCossie Sponsors Motoring On Dave

Comment

Depends, i'd always say spend as much as you can, but on the other hand. I'm a big one for not wasting cash and getting value for money. Only you can answer if it's worth it.

I don't think i would run the seat i have in a daily driver personally as you have to lift yourself in and out. I wanted it so i don't break my neck if and when i put the shed on its roof.

Seats are a tricky one and quite personal.

My girth is immense!

Comment

Originally posted by Franco View Post

Quality.......

Comment

SPG XL are the ones to get but will only get you 1 at that price, check out the second hand route

Comment

if you dont want to go too psycho, then just get a modern fast road seat with a proper harness facility as it will be more than good enough for the odd track day yet still practical.

I had buckets in my last car and even if they fit right, they are a pain for long journeys and day to day use. Especially when youve got 6 point harness' to go with them! for long journeys you NEED extra seat base padding to be really comfortable.

Medically Discharged!! Officially insane!!!
            My toy!! Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3 Pic 4

Comment

My Pole Position is more comfortable than any seat I have used and I am more than happy to do 4-500miles a time in it (when going to Germany). I think the key is setting it up right....
              Mike Rainbird

Click above - Sarcasm is just a free service I provide.

http://www.rsnorfolk.co.uk/

Nordschleife, there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right .

Comment

Cheers Neil

Dave, were that what you had in yours? What were they like for long journeys?

Warren, I was considering reclining buckets, but can't see them being that good?

Mike, how do you setup a solid seat? Get more cushions from Franco's link?

Comment

Stick with the standard seats. As soon as you take the rear seats out its going to look silly so you will have to sort a cage

Comment

My drivers seat has a fag burn in it and its always bugged me since it happened The fag ash somehow went under my arm and burnt the bolster next to the window and it wasnt even windy They are quite warn also. I drove with a cheap bucket seat years ago and it gave me better feel and confidence of the car

Comment

Drove over to the ring ok mate, they was really good and great for lardy arses!!

Comment

Originally posted by FletchCossie View Post
                        Warren, I was considering reclining buckets, but can't see them being that good?
                        fine for fast road/occasional track day. something with good side bolsters for support etc.

Medically Discharged!! Officially insane!!!
                        My toy!! Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3 Pic 4

Comment

Working...
                        X