Wiring help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring help!

I've finally got around to swapping the looms over on the Monte and I need some help with the fuse box connector.

I'm pretty sure this all alarm related so please give me you advise if you can. i have no idea what these wires are for but if someone has a wiring diagram then please help me!

This is the loom to fuse box connector I'm talking about

Question 1. When the Wipac was removed I remember I had to add a earth which is the blue/white strip wire you can see. Not sure If the new loom will need this? Do I just add this earth to the new loom connetor?

This is the replacement loom connector

It has a few wires cut and has a few wires that have been sliced into these that have been cut off

Question 2. This two wires have been cut and there is about a 10inch gap to where the wires continues do I simply patch wires into it to join them up?

Question 3. Do I just tidy up the splices on these three wires

These Questions are propably no brainers but I just wanted to check, part of the problem is I have no idea what these wires are for, I'm guessing they are for the alarm.

Thanks in advance for any help

looks like its most for an after market alarm, that black with red strip is your fuel pump live, the plain black wire in the other connector is ignion live , so you need to find where the other 2 ends are for these 2 wires and join them up, regarding the little bits just trim them and tape them up

Comment

I would remove any unnecessary joins and tidy them up and connect any wires that have been cut. As said above black/red is fuel pump. At least if all wires are connected everything should work

FletchCossie Sponsors Motoring On Dave

Comment

Those "joins" are a mess, I would cut them out and solder them properly!! The fuse box on the Escos is bad enough without adding more problems!

Scouse.

Comment

Originally posted by hooverman
          i agree and use heat shrink sleeving
          those joins only look a mess as the alarm has been cutout, once trimmed and taped up they will be fine as there spliced in not cut and joined together

only 2 i can see that need joining is fuel pump and ifnition wire which are the only ones he can heat shrink

Comment

I agree with Richy,i do it all the time and never a problem

Comment

but you carnt heat shrink them unless you pull the complete wire out the connector

Comment

Working...
              X