How long before petrol dies ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long before petrol dies ?

Without sounding like a hippy , does anyone else think that in the next few decades Cossie's and other great petrol powered cars will be obsolete ?

Low Slung Denim.

Yup, on borrowed time so eventually their day will arrive. Very hard to say when - they reckoned that we'd run out of crude oil in the 80's.

Comment

roll on the lpg conversions, did tabetha off pf ever complete it or was that just a load of old shit

Comment

Not for a long time the advances in drilling technology and desgin of deepwater rigs means they can get to oil they couldnt have got close to 10 years ago.
        sigpic

Comment

Neil what sort of amount time do we have , or does your business have more importantly to you?

Low Slung Denim.

Comment

A long time yet mate, like neil says the technology jumps that have been made in drilling are massive

Comment

There's still plenty of the stuff down there to last a very long time but its getting harder to get to and more expensive. The biggest problem we have is that new technology will come along in 10 - 20 years so that we don't need it anymore. The good news is that the yanks like there classic cars so lets just hope they keep on drilling. Whatever happens it will only get more expensive. Who's gonna be the first to do a hydrogen conversion.

Comment

remember being at junior school and being told we wouldn't have any left by mid 90's and i bet we aint really touched the reserves. Wasn't there a thing saying that governments were keeping quite and tryin to use each others up first. Supposed to be shitloads in the Faulklands i think
                sigpic
                MAD tuned, DP engine, 530 bhp 480 lbft, autronics, anti lag, EFR 7670,

Comment

what i want to know is what happens to all the holes/cavities where the oils pumped out from? the world will end up like a big piece of cheese and collapse into itself one day

Comment

I work in the oil business. Still YEARS before it's over. These's still many areas that haven't been explored yet and that's said to have large reservoirs so I'm not worried it's gonna run out in my lifetime..

Comment

Originally posted by The Radman View Post
                      what i want to know is what happens to all the holes/cavities where the oils pumped out from? the world will end up like a big piece of cheese and collapse into itself one day
                      Oil is stored in sandstone, and water is injected to push the oil out so don't worry mate

Comment

Originally posted by The Radman View Post
                        LOL Fill the holes up with all the cars that will be useless.

Comment

get tge armageddon crew to drill for more lol
                          sigpic

guns for show,knives for a pro

Comment

Ben Tabeth on pf seems to know how to sort ALOT of problems with diffrent cars helped me a few times with the 3 door so it would be good to see how he got on with it as he is a GENUINE bloke not like alot of them on there

Comment

Originally posted by Tore_TJ View Post
                              Oil is stored in sandstone, and water is injected to push the oil out so don't worry mate
                              is that how itsdone then? never knew that

Comment

Working...
                              X