Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 things rear beam plate? and fuel filter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 things rear beam plate? and fuel filter?

when me and dunc were stripping my car apart i went to undo one of the 17mm bolts that hold onto the plate for the rear beam and it came undone so far and it now just keeps on turning the nut inside is come loose any ideas how to get bolt of and stop nut from turning,i was thinking of cutting a small part of the holder out and then drill a small hole and tap it then reweld it back on,the only problem that i have is i do not have any power to my garage and i have no welder.the other problem that i have at the moment is i tried to take the red clipped side hose of the petrol fitler but i have now put a kink in it and i still cant get it of there must be a simple way of getting it of surely it is the bit where the hose goes straight onto the filter itself

Mine did this as well, there is two small holes on the side that I was able to get a spanner to stop it moving and un do it

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Ripley View Post
      Mine did this as well, there is two small holes on the side that I was able to get a spanner to stop it moving and un do it
      I done the same, then when it was all out, I drilled a couple of holes and welded it back in place from underneath

Comment

if you grind down an old spanner you should be able to just get it through the hole like paul says,as for the fuel fitting they can be a right pain its easiest to give them a bit of wd40 and then hold in the lugs whilst twisting the fitting itself so that you can brake the seal,failing that as a last resort you can carefully prise off the top part of the fitting sometimes but be careful as its easy to break it

Comment

with the fuel clip push it into the filter then press the clips and while holding the clips in pull it off

the beam plat ie just a gona be a pain lol

Comment

cheers for your comments guys,i have got the hoses pof the filter now, now it is just the pig job of getting that f**king nut undone now will have a go at the weekend with that one oh joy

Comment

cant you get a hack saw between the plate and mount? then cut the bolt off and remove the nut/bolt from the hole in the side of the mounting? or did it snap off before you had undone it enough?

Comment

the bolt is still attached to the nut and by guessing i would say that it is on on by 10mm no more i might be able to get a hacksaw to it but that is the last straw for me i am going to try and use a grinded down spanner,i take it will be a 17mm nut on the inside aswell?

Comment

Working...
                X