how do i know my mt75 box is a proper cossie box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i know my mt75 box is a proper cossie box

How can i tell if my mt75 box is a proper cossie box? I picked it up a long time ago purely to use as a dummy during the shell conversion and it was very cheap so i didnt care at the time and its no great loss if its not but id like to know for sure.

I see whenever a cossie box is stood on its end it needs chocks to keep the input shaft from hitting the floor, but the old box i have can be stood upright without the input shaft touching the floor! does that mean its a normal sierra box or something?

Thanks
    Marc

which side is the clutch fork on

if its on the passenger side then its a cossie box or xr4x4 box, only difference is xr box uses a different clutch fork arm, it will bolt up and gear ratios are the same

if its av6 box then the clutch fork will be on the right side

i have a cossie box sat here and can rest on end aswell, the shaft is just slightly longer than the case

Comment

The clutch fork opening is on the left side of the box,

It just made me think the input shafts were a lot longer than on mine if people were having to put it on wood but i assume they were just being extra careful as to not damage the spline then.

Thanks for the info mate

Comment

My standard box sit on its end, the shaft stick out enough to make it roack about if you push it though.

Comment

Cosworth box has larger dia mainshaft than XR4x4.

Comment

I know the cossie shaft spline is 1" 23 spline

What is the xr4x4? Or is it just the actual shaft dia you mean not the spline size?

Thanks
            Marc

Comment

couldnt do else people wouldnt be able to fit the boxes, and v6 boys wouldnt be able to fit cossie clutchs to run in theres

Comment

Originally posted by richyx View Post
                couldnt do else people wouldnt be able to fit the boxes, and v6 boys wouldnt be able to fit cossie clutchs to run in theres
                the input shaft is the same as in being 1" x 23 spline.

But the main shaft is a larger dia on Cosworth.

Comment

Working...
                X