Time Attack 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Attack 2009

As some of you know I ran a shonky Ford in a couple of rounds last year and I also have some of the info for next year I thought I'd share.

3 classes

Pro
    Club Pro
    Club Challenge

I will be entering all rounds with mine, which will be a fully trimed card just like this year

Info so far from TA

They are in additon to the 2008 tech regs as displayed currently on the website.

There will be3 categories for 2009:-

1. Pro Class
    2. Club Pro
    3. Club Challenge ( Drive train classes RWD / FWD / 4WD /& non drive train classes N/A Class upto 'x' cc / N/A Class above 'x' cc)

Below are a list of drivers from 2008 whose times dictate a promotionto Club Pro or maybe even Pro level for 2009 should they be using the vehicle from 08 or a higher spec version / new car (with the modifications listed in the attached),

In no particular order:-

Kev Atkins
    Mark Biggers
    John Begley
    Alex Bruce
    Simon Deaton
    Jon Faull
    Andy Forrest
    Kev Horlsey
    Sam Kerr
    Barrie Rycroft
    Shane Smith
    Steve Thorpe

Some of the drivers who were in Pro last year may drop down into Club Pro too, these guys include:-

Darren Robinson
    Lee Broadhurst
    Andy Harvey
    Steve Linton
    Bob Parker

There will be new applicants who will also be allocated a space in the class that we either deem fit or that the car after a round or 2 dictates.

With these vehicles moving up to Club Pro or beyond this then makes the Club Challenge field a free for all in regards to new comers or veterans who want to up their game and start getting the silverware!

We will be running in club challenge drive train categories for podiums & points for 2009 (with the exception of N/A where is will be cc based)

Again, read the attached, let meknow if you still want to be kept on the list of applicants for 09.

The provisional calendar will be subject to some changes, the final talks are being held now between ourselves and circuits so do not give up hope on the provisional dates released earlier.

There are also talks underway as to maybe running 5 instead if 6 rounds to ease any financial worries you may have and we are looking into costings for the season now too.

If you are new to our series we will ask you to complete a short questionairre and supply images of the vehicle you wish to use so that we may allocate you a space in the correct class.

We have kept changes to a minimum, are trying to keep costs & additional costs to a minimum whilst still maintaining a very safe, extremely fun environment for you to compete in.

Below are brief explainations for some of the changes:

Club Pro and Pro:
    • A minimum of a National 'B' licence will be required for 2009 as part of our insurance requirements, competitors who do not hold a current MSA National 'B' licence will be required to complete an ARDS test prior to entering Time Attack Club Pro or Pro in 2009 to obtain a licence, an ARDS can be taken at any reputable circuit in the country.
    • An approved neck restraining system / brace is compulsary for Club Pro & Pro, these start from £30.00 from Demon Tweeks for a basic version and although not compulsary, a HANS device is highly recommended but the minimum is a brace. ( see here for an example - http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=MSPORT&pcode=OMPID787B )
    • A minimum 5 point harness must now be fitted.
    • A minimum amount of laps must be covered in each session.
    • Club Pro cars should adhere to Pro class rules with regards to cages, cut off's etc, you will be treated as 'Pro' cars were last year as you will be on circuit at the same time.
    • Testing for Methanol will take place

Club Challenge:
    • An ARDS test is recommended but is not compulsory
    • Nitrous Oxide is not allowed.
    • An approved neck restraining system / brace is compulsary for Club Pro & Pro, these start from £30.00 from Demon Tweeks for a basic version and although not compulsary, a HANS device is highly recommended but the minimum is a brace. ( see here for an example - http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=MSPORT&pcode=OMPID787B )
    • A competitor may be moved into Club Pro if their lap times fall within a certain time limit, full details are within the attached Club Challenge document.
    • Testing for methanol will take place.

Please let me know if you wish to be removed from our list, dates will be released and confirmed as soon as physically possible.

I really hope to see all my old school friends out there again doing it on 09 and hope to meet some new people and see new machinery to keep our scene fresh and exciting!
    Work Hard, Play Harder

Out of interest warren, what does a typical round cost you?
    sigpic

Comment

Am i led to believe there is a cough cough FWD class

Its a trolley ...its a shopping trolley (you know, with the spastic front wheel!!)
      Fastest FWD Ford - 11.7 @129mph (183.99mph Topspeed)

Comment

Originally posted by Franco View Post
        Out of interest warren, what does a typical round cost you?
        Good question

Brands I blew £3k in the week before, buying tyres and stuff I didn't really need but thought what the hell.

in between getting stuff fixed and sorted about £1k

Snetterton cost me about £250 in hotel about £100 in fuel and that was it, it was a good weekend with all the gang. I just turned up and ran.

If your car is all done and it's just fuel lets say £100 for that, then it's £200 per event if you break it down, I would compair this to any track day you'd enter in the UK to run in Time Attack.

The costs come when you decide to change things
        Work Hard, Play Harder

Comment

Originally posted by luca View Post
          Am i led to believe there is a cough cough FWD class
          Yes and your car would fit nicely in that, you could come away with a podum every round.....
          Work Hard, Play Harder

Comment

Originally posted by warren View Post
            yes and your car would fit nicely in that, you could come away with a podum every round.....
            even if the aforementioned fwd car is a fiesta?

Whatever next!
            sigpic

Comment

Jase, over the previous years you had to buy a full seasons worth of rounds, which wasnt exactly cheap.

but then some sell there entrance for a particular round so you can always buy them for a one event challenge.

iirc it worked out around £300 per event - but then add your running costs and wear and tear etc

Comment

Originally posted by warren View Post
                good question

brands i blew £3k in the week before, buying tyres and stuff i didn't really need but thought what the hell.

In between getting stuff fixed and sorted about £1k

snetterton cost me about £250 in hotel about £100 in fuel and that was it, it was a good weekend with all the gang. I just turned up and ran.

If your car is all done and it's just fuel lets say £100 for that, then it's £200 per event if you break it down, i would compair this to any track day you'd enter in the uk to run in time attack.

The costs come when you decide to change things
                so it only gets stupid when you start getting competitive then, always wondered thats all.

Suppose when you get into the realms of pro class, thats where the stupid money is!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kelv View Post
                  Jase, over the previous years you had to buy a full seasons worth of rounds, which wasnt exactly cheap.

but then some sell there entrance for a particular round so you can always buy them for a one event challenge.

iirc it worked out around £300 per event - but then add your running costs and wear and tear etc
                  STILL WELL OUT OF MY PRICE RANGE
                  sigpic

Comment

Warren, am i still right in thinking the club challenge class is now restricted to the T1R's and not able to run using the R888's?

Comment

Jase, Pro class is up where the roger clark car is, and thats insane.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OOP3_1...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by Franco View Post
                        even if the aforementioned fwd car is a fiesta?

Whatever next!
                        I liken it to Supermarket Sweep a welcome favourite of yours.

Warren,Can you point me in the direction of details for this or arrange a TA09 pack to be sent.

Its a trolley ...its a shopping trolley (you know, with the spastic front wheel!!)
                        Fastest FWD Ford - 11.7 @129mph (183.99mph Topspeed)

Comment

Originally posted by Kelv View Post
                          Jase, Pro class is up where the roger clark car is, and thats insane.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OOP3_1...eature=related
                          HE'S NEVER STEERING THAT................MORE LIKE HANGING ON FOR DEAR LIFE!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luca View Post
                            Warren,Can you point me in the direction of details for this or arrange a TA09 pack to be sent.
                            you may be in luck Luke, Warren happens to know Glenn quite well

Comment

That is some serious driving and machinery. I thought it was supposed to be the norweigens that were the kings of 4 wheel drifting

OH FUCK WHAT WAS THAT NOISE

Comment

Working...
                              X