Burns Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burns Night

Happy Burns Night to all the Scots out there. Have a good one and if your not a Scot dont worry have a hoon anyway. Its a great excuse to crack open those bottles of whiskey left over form Christmas.
    Frank
    sigpic

Sunnyside B&B and camper restorations
    www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

whiskey now you're talking Frank

Excuse my ignorance and laziness to search google but what is Burns Night?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Purnell View Post
      whiskey now you're talking Frank

Excuse my ignorance and laziness to search google but what is Burns Night?
      Without offending the Scots too much it celebrates the Famous Scots poet Robert Burns. I dont really get the poems my self but any excuse for party time. Basically its a Haggis ,neaps and Tatties dinner and plenty of Whisky. Just forget the dinner if you ask me A good bottle Single Malt Scotch Whisky and
      Frank
      sigpic

www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

thank you sir

And have a double on me, I am partial to a nice glenmorangie myself.

If you are ever in Manchester to, look up a pub called the British Protection, they have one hell of a whiskey collection

Comment

thank you sir

And have a double on me, I am partial to a nice glenmorangie myself.

If you are ever in Manchester to, look up a pub called the British Protection, they have one hell of a whiskey collection
          Just googled it sound brill

Briton’s Protection - 50 Great Bridgewater Street, Manchester, M1 5LE map
          • With a choice of over 150 whiskies and bourbons, cask ales and fine wines it’s hard to find many better pubs in the whole of the Greater Manchester region.........
          Thanks for the PM I feel better after our chat,
          Frank
          sigpic

www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

that's the one, superb place, I spent 18 months in Manchester a couple of years back and me and the guy I was staying with regularly staggered out of there

I have to say my pallet has never really taken to those peaty whiskeys, but still can appreciate them but not my favourite choice

Comment

that's the one, superb place, I spent 18 months in Manchester a couple of years back and me and the guy I was staying with regularly staggered out of there

I have to say my pallet has never really taken to those peaty whiskeys, but still can appreciate them but not my favourite choice
              Now you see I like the peaty , smokey whiskey with a slight sweet flavour. I always dilute with about 1/4 water. It helps bring out the flavour. IMO.
              Frank
              sigpic

www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

Any excuse for a drink and sore heed's the morrow enjoy yourself Frank.

Comment

Working...
                X