pectel ecu and software..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pectel ecu and software..

i have a few questions about pectel ecu's.

is the software you put onto a laptop for accessing a pectel ecu the same for t2 and t6?
    i've been told the software works on windows 98 but will it work on windows xp or any other?
    sigpic

dont thinks so i have the software for t6 and for the pectel monitor called dart it works on my old laptop thats xp.hope this helps

Comment

The current software is called descpro and you need different ident programs for every ECU. If you have a computer set up to program a T6 it won't program a T2 or an SQ6

Comment

If you have the correct profile for t2 and t6 on the laptop it will run both Fraser

Comment

Ah! The profile I have for the T2 wouldn't work on the T6 I tried. It is a very early T6 though?

Comment

Yes it won't, if you get the correct profile loaded on, descpro will work both of them.

Comment

Jim,
              How can I get my hands on the T6 programme early so as to swat up before getting the car back from you
              sigpic

Sunnyside B&B and camper restorations
              www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

descpro is download-able off my site if you need it, also has notes for L8 and P8

Comment

How long has the T2 and T6 been out of production and how long since the last firware up date.

Mark

Comment

I'm not sure mark, the latest I beleive is 3:46 turbo for t6 2000

Can I ask why it interests you?

Comment

Originally posted by SCS j1mbo View Post
                      I'm not sure mark, the latest I beleive is 3:46 turbo for t6 2000

Can I ask why it interests you?
                      Just seing how well it is supported or not by them.How long ago was the last firmware rather than the version.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by mark shead View Post
                        Just seing how well it is supported or not by them.How long ago was the last firmware rather than the version.

Mark
                        Pass, I cannot tell you that I'm afraid I beleive when the latest version came out that was the last update of any sort.
                        We use so much of the pectel stuff even the un supported ones as there are still people out there that can look after and repair them and change software should we need to

Comment

Mark, as your interested I found out, t2 is still in current production, just ordered five
                          T6 2000 is also still in production but at a cost the same as sq6. Updates are done through profiles, there are much later that 3:46 but that is one we use.
                          T6 2000 and sq6 are all upgrade able to the sped you want them, standard factory drivers are 8 inj and 8 ignition, but it's possible of up to 24, for example a v16 with 16 injector and with 8 coil drivers
                          Hope this helps.

Jim

Comment

Remind me again the exact Pectel model your going to use on my car pleas Jim.
                            sigpic

Sunnyside B&B and camper restorations
                            www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

Pectel t6 2000 on 3:46 profile most likely frank

Comment

Working...
                              X