4x4 gated sump baffles £65 cheaper than anyone else - with pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4x4 gated sump baffles £65 cheaper than anyone else - with pics

Just picked up my new 4x4 gated sump baffle to go in my 4x4 big wing sump from a fella Karl i know who lives not far from me and is a fully qualified welder in all welding types. He makes and sells a lot of stuff in his spare time on ebay and has just started doing 4x4 gated baffles,
    they are of better quality than the burtons one which is £150 compared to his at £85, and mountune charge £180 but i havent seen the quality of theres, but he should sell a few of these at his price no worries.

A few pics, it uses the original ford pressed baffle plate too.

Here is his ebay link

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/karlrs200/m.html

He hasn't got the listed on there yet but will soon enough, email him if your interested

Thanks
    Marc
    Last edited by M K; 17-03-2011, 16:23:40.

All I need now is one for the focus

Very nice tho Marc.

Comment

he will make anything you want mate, obviously one off's are dearer but could be worth an email

Comment

Are these needed with a big wing sump?

Comment

its a good idea while your having the big wing done to fit one of these yes, even for a road car that's used in anger regularly its worth while in my opinion

Comment

Spot on fella

www.infinity-racing.co.uk www.spec-r.co.uk

Comment

Anyone else getting one? Do we get a group discount if so?

Comment

put my name down for one of these

http://<span style="font-size:20px">...g.co.uk</span>

Comment

iv got one but paid a lot more than that
                  sigpic

Built by my self dp motorsport 700.6bhp 520ftlb efr9180 2.4bar m.a.d mapped flat out is the only way

Comment

Me too, that's 2

Comment

tbh, that does nothing for me, mine has the gates on four sides and is cylindrical in the middle where the pick up pipe is,making sure that it never dries up of oil.

any pics of the mountune one, think its a lot better than the one above imo.

sorry to sound harsh but if your going to buy one, it might as well be a good one suitable for the job.

Dave.

Comment

Mountune one is identical to the one above dave,

The one you have with gates on all sides was made by a bloke who used to work at Graham hathaways many years ago, yours is 2 separate pieces I'm guessing? No one else ever made one like that and never has since so unless you or anyone else with the rare as rocking horse shite baffle is willing to take it out the sump to have a copy made, the ones like i have bought above from Karl/burtons/mountune are all that is available at present

I have made posts asking for pics etc from anybody who has one of the superior gated baffles but had no joy!
                        Last edited by M K; 25-02-2011, 06:21:47.

Comment

Dave as MK has said yours is special!!
                          Mine is the same as the above but I have to say I don't like the weights on the trapdoors, they could hold back the oil, they shouldn't be fitted IMO
                          Mine hasn't got them

steve

NSSCC 2016 Class B1 Champion
                          Mondeo 2.2 Titanium X sport daily driver, xr4x4 cosworth race car
                          Matt lewis motorsport supporting my racing in 2016
                          Reyland built, mapped by motorsport developments 455BHP
                          http://www.mattlewismotorsport.co.uk/

Comment

They do look very substantial

Comment

Marc,

Mine must be one of a few then lol, and yes I'm pretty sure it's a 2 piece one.

I will sort some pics out of it over the weekend, I have put them up on Pf a while back aswell.

Dave.

Comment

Working...
                              X