Repair dials?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repair dials?

Iv got birba in mine but the connector to the tacho is broken from the plasma dial itself.U cant solder back the connector to the dial because it has no metal in it,is there anyway to solve this? iv got a little shine from the speedo and then we tried to fix it but then i got nothing,then it was perfect for 1 sec now its black again If the connctor to the tacho doesnt work is the rest suppose to work??
    WWW.COSWORTHCLUBSWEDEN.SE
    www.jospeed.se

I think your only option is to replace the el material if there is no where left to solder to, have you tried carefully scraping away top and bottom of material where connecter broken off? The other dials should still light unless you have shorted out the inverter whilst trying to fix rev counter. Cheers Brendan

Comment

Originally posted by cozzed View Post
      I think your only option is to replace the el material if there is no where left to solder to, have you tried carefully scraping away top and bottom of material where connecter broken off? The other dials should still light unless you have shorted out the inverter whilst trying to fix rev counter. Cheers Brendan
      yes the connector in the plasma was so "dry" that it fell of when i tried to get it stuck to the cluster.so there is no metal left and they are org pressed whit the plasma.I took it of because it somethimes worked good and sometimes it only had a small shine in the speedo.So if have a bad connection to the speedo the rest should work? whats the problem then if i only get a tiny shine on the speedo and sometimes get it to work?
      www.jospeed.se

Comment

The speedo could be shorting out causing the dials to dim or go out ( voltage drop) , are they new or been fitted a while. You can replace the material , as I have done on Georgies birba speedo. Have you tried disconnecting the speedo and does the fuel/temp guage light up ok?

Comment

Sorry to hijack, did the clock survive the letter box ok?

Comment

Two clocks mate, one looks ok the other the display is all dark, did you check them ? Cause the dark one looks f***ed to me . Cheers Brendan

Comment

Haven't tested them. But as you say one looks f***ed. They gave me that one for free , I took it in case other parts would be of use to you. As long as one is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by cozzed View Post
                The speedo could be shorting out causing the dials to dim or go out ( voltage drop) , are they new or been fitted a while. You can replace the material , as I have done on Georgies birba speedo. Have you tried disconnecting the speedo and does the fuel/temp guage light up ok?
                Is this a problem u can fix if i send it to u? i would like to change the color to if thats possible?
                www.jospeed.se

Comment

Not a problem mate , what colour ?

Comment

Working...
                  X