What a c*nt of a day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a c*nt of a day

These cars are shite absolute fooking shite. Was out the road to visit my Sister stopped at a shop went out to start the car started up then died out would not start. It was fuel as the fuel pump was not going (no buzzing noise) so got a direct feed(live wire) to the fuel pump wire still the pump would not work. Luckily my bro was at the shop so he towed me as far as his house. Went to push the car into the garage fucking splitter caught on the wee small step broke it and tore the rubber one aswell cracked the bumper paint. So into the garage anyway tried again to put a live wire to the pump still no go so that suggested the pump to me. So the tank had to come out of course it was full to the brim of petrol. Took out the pump I connected the pump up to see if it was fooked but it went took it back to plug it into the car at first it would not go then as if by magig it went I shook it around to see if it was a bad connection cut out a wee bit and back on again. Checked all the connections they were 100%. The pump was new about 3 year's ago maybe done 3000 miles it is a Sytec ITP048. Do these pump's give bother like this anyone heard of this type or does everybody go for a bosch? It appear's to me to be a faulty pump that seem's to be the problem. And to add to it I think my front diff is about to go

f-------sake what a day

Comment

That was hard to read

Comment

I know you might not want to hear this but at least the pump didn't play up when you were on full chat. Hole in piston territory.
        Fricking pain in the arse I know but it could have been worse.
        Hope you get it all together soon and get back out in her.
        sigpic

Sunnyside B&B and camper restorations
        www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

Not good

Comment

Keep the faith m8, at some stage I expect everyone here will have one of those days...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnysidebb View Post
              I know you might not want to hear this but at least the pump didn't play up when you were on full chat. Hole in piston territory.
              Fricking pain in the arse I know but it could have been worse.
              Hope you get it all together soon and get back out in her.
              So if your on full boost and the fuel pump packs in it will mean big trouble is it?
              What about if you run out of fuel when on full chat, same thing???

Comment

Right had the cover off the front diff it look's fine good new's sort of still dont know what the small vibration is maybe the joint on the driveshaft next the exhaust fuck knows at this stage. All I can do is well fuckin laugh it's only a fuckin car but not plesant being stuck along the road. I even had an alfa 147 that never gave me bother and they are supposed to be bad. Here where to get a good pump now guy's. Does Mike do a gid een (good one, local slang!) does not have to be a terrible big flow one good enough for stage 1.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroMk1 View Post
                  So if your on full boost and the fuel pump packs in it will mean big trouble is it?
                  What about if you run out of fuel when on full chat, same thing???
                  if the pump hard cuts out then your unlikely to kill the engine completely. the problem is when the pump performance drops so that its not providing the necessary fuel at full boost and hence the engine leans out and melts. It can be pump or wiring or a combination of both.

Medically Discharged!! Officially insane!!!
                  My toy!! Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3 Pic 4

Comment

sorry to steal your thread

i only asked because i did a track day today in the evo and on the last lap, twice on boost when fast cornering the fuel shifted to one side of the tank and the pump ran dry then when i leveled out ran ok again. Should of gone in the lap before.

Comment

Originally posted by warrenpenalver View Post
                      if the pump hard cuts out then your unlikely to kill the engine completely. the problem is when the pump performance drops so that its not providing the necessary fuel at full boost and hence the engine leans out and melts. It can be pump or wiring or a combination of both.
                      Yes. This is what I was getting at, perhaps poorly. But yes if a pump starts to fail who know just how it fails.
                      sigpic

Sunnyside B&B and camper restorations
                      www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

sorry to read this martin - you could have my old one but its not great, i have a bosch 003 in mine now which was what i was told i would need for stage 1 small turbo.
                        one for the road?? ......
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sixaxles View Post
                          sorry to read this martin - you could have my old one but its not great, i have a bosch 003 in mine now which was what i was told i would need for stage 1 small turbo.
                          Cheer's Chris thanks for the offer fella. A new one would probably be the best option as it's a bloomin torture taking out the tank when the fooker goes wrong. Was thinking last night(or dreamin) the small vibration could be the fuel pump running rough and it doesnt happen all the time so hopefully a new pump will cure this also.

Comment

as they say it never rains it pours

Comment

Working...
                            X