Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gauges

I'm sure this is going to be a really stupid question

Just bought a boost gauge for the MX5, on the back you have the pipe that goes to the inlet to measure the pressure but there is also a couple of spade connectors on the back.

Am I right in thinking these are for the light in the gauge and just needs to be hooked up to a suitable point in the loom that has voltage once the lights are turned on?

Originally posted by RS Seat Covers View Post
    I'm sure this is going to be a really stupid question

Just bought a boost gauge for the MX5, on the back you have the pipe that goes to the inlet to measure the pressure but there is also a couple of spade connectors on the back.

Am I right in thinking these are for the light in the gauge and just needs to be hooked up to a suitable point in the loom that has voltage once the lights are turned on?
    Sounds about right to me Ben! You should be able to pull the light out though surely? for If/when the bulb goes??
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Franco View Post
      Sounds about right to me Ben! You should be able to pull the light out though surely? for If/when the bulb goes??
      It didn't look like it, he connector was about an inch and a half long, I tried turning gently but it didn't move, thought best not to try anymore in case I snapped it

this is the gauge
      https://www.burtonpower.com/product_...97&sTxt=tbg30w

Nothing fancy but will do the trick

Comment

Gotta Be Ben, Stick a couple of wires and a AA battery to It first maybe?

No way its for memory recall etc at that price.
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah - i'd argee with Jase - sounds like th back lighting for the gauge!

Comment

exactly as you are thinking Ben.

normal 2 wire car electrics, one side to ground and the other to a switchable live, dependant on what point you wish it to light up!

Comment

cool cheers guys, thanks for the help

Another little job for the weekend along with sorting the small oil leak

Comment

i never even realised mx5 were turbocharged

Comment

i asked the same question to Ben a while ago, aparantly they arnt normally - but Ben has had a little bit of modifying going on

Comment

Working...
                  X