Do we have any runners in here.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we have any runners in here.....

I played 5 a side about a month ago and was shocked how my fitness has gone and how i was blowing out of my arse after 5 minutes!!!

Anyway, im joining an 11 a side team and got into running for the fitness. Im probably running 2-3 miles, 2-3 times aweek and wondered whats the best trainer for running? I dont want to spend silly money, just a good value for money running shoe? Im currently using a normal Reebok, and theyre just not helping....

I must admit, im alot happier with the fitness!
    sigpic

I'm not doing any serious running, but Asics make really good shoes at an affordable price as well.
    Used them in the Navy recruitment and my feet were always happy after long runs.

Comment

i dont plan serious running mate just to keep my fitness up! I just want to get fit again for football!
      sigpic

Comment

I know that feeling karl, just been out tonight for a game

you're better off going into a dedicated shop and get them to recommend you some, can be had for £60

Comment

Ben i used to live breath and play football when i was younger and now i just cant believe how unfit i am!
          sigpic

Comment

happens to the best of us my problem is getting my arse out the house, got a nice big field near by that's ideal for 3 mile run.

Comment

i do a bit of running myself nothing serious like just to keep fit and use Asics everyone has told me to get Asics the best running shoe and if you buy something cheap they will destroy your feet in the long run Karl, good feeling after a run though

Comment

Nike air are lush shoes can really feel the Cushiony sole and theyre comfy

Comment

Originally posted by j1mbo View Post
                  Nike air are lush shoes can really feel the Cushiony sole and theyre comfy
                  some how I can't imagine you running Jim, it's probably like watching Peter Crouch play football

Comment

Karl i have ran more miles than forrest gump for competing in wot i did over the years ive even worn my knees out there fooked now, and best running trainers bar none are hitec silver shadows- these are wot the army lads use and nice nd cheap.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

im running about 6 mile a week and Asics seem best for my and my 17 stone
                        http://www.impactsignsanddesigns.co.uk/

Comment

Im doing about 10 miles a week on adidas zx700's.

The 400 club , built not bought

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Purnell View Post
                            some how I can't imagine you running Jim, it's probably like watching Peter Crouch play football

Pmsl

I used to be big into playing football

Comment

I used to be into the football and long distance running as a kid, just think due to having done it since I can remember its taken a bit of fun out of it. Probably end up just sticking to the footy on a friday now

Comment

Working...
                              X