do i need to replace all 4 tyres????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do i need to replace all 4 tyres????

as above the fronts are worn on the inside edge so definatly need fronts but the backs are mint with 6mm and even wear,but been told by alot of people that i need to buy a full set because it wil fook my diff whats ure opinions

Originally posted by ginner81 View Post
    as above the fronts are worn on the inside edge so definatly need fronts but the backs are mint with 6mm and even wear,but been told by alot of people that i need to buy a full set because it wil fook my diff whats ure opinions
    They are talking absolute bollocks, just get a pair! However, what they should have told you is that your tracking is out on the front and you have too much toe-out to wear just the inside edges. However, if it is less than 10% of the tyre, I'd swap the tyres over (and get the tracking done to 2mm overall toe-in on the front), so that they become the outside - unless of course they are handed e.g. like Paradas?).

With the existing toe-out, I bet it wanders and tramlines at speed in a straight line?
    Mike Rainbird

Click above - Sarcasm is just a free service I provide.

http://www.rsnorfolk.co.uk/

Nordschleife, there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right .

Comment

cheers mike ,and yeah it does wander abit but when i took it to kwikfit they set to to parallel to stop it wearing more

Comment

Originally posted by ginner81 View Post
        cheers mike ,and yeah it does wander abit but when i took it to kwikfit they set to to parallel to stop it wearing more
        Parallel is the factory setting, but it will still wander due to the fact that in forward movement, the bushes deflect and it goes to toe-out when you're driving. This is why you set it to a small amount of toe-in . Ignore the factory settings and go for the 2mm toe-in - will make the car MUCH more stable !
        Mike Rainbird

Click above - Sarcasm is just a free service I provide.

http://www.rsnorfolk.co.uk/

Nordschleife, there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right .

Comment

consider it done mike thanks

Comment

Working...
          X