Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about hubcentric spacers

I am using hubcentric spacers on the front of the fiesta to widen the track

I have the hubcentric spacers and they are the variety that bolt to the original studs then have 4 more studs pressed into the actual spacer that the wheel bolts to

My question is.........What nuts should i use to bolt the spacer to the original studs?

Half nuts? normal full size nuts? nylocs? i cant find anywhere that show a pic or tells what type of nut should be used? the thread i need is M14x1.5

I would feel better if it was a self locking type nut as there gonna be hidden away behind the wheel so not as easy to check as the outer wheel nuts

Thanks
    Marc

what brand are the spacers?

Comment

They maybe custom made will post a pic

Comment

Iv had many of these custom made and iv always used standard nut for both,in one case when the spacer was thin u got lower size m12x1,5 so it would fit inside the spacer.
        I dont see why u should use a locking nut if u dont use one for normal wheel?
        WWW.COSWORTHCLUBSWEDEN.SE
        www.jospeed.se

Comment

These are the spacers

These are the recess that a nut goes to bolt spacer onto existing studs from flange

Comment

I would only prefer a lock nut of some sort as you can't see these nut if the wheel is on the car, only way to torque or visually check them is to remove the wheel

So if you have a lock nut then it's piece of mind

Least with a wheel bolt/nut you can walk around the car and see if they look loose or easy check with a torque wrench, where as the spacer nuts need the car jacking up and wheel removing to visually or manually check

Comment

Originally posted by M K View Post
              I would only prefer a lock nut of some sort as you can't see these nut if the wheel is on the car, only way to torque or visually check them is to remove the wheel

So if you have a lock nut then it's piece of mind

Least with a wheel bolt/nut you can walk around the car and see if they look loose or easy check with a torque wrench, where as the spacer nuts need the car jacking up and wheel removing to visually or manually check
              hi mark just use normal nuts but drill them and lock wire ,better than nylocs pretty much fail safe ,its what we used at race teams

thanks mark

Comment

you normally use wheel nuts but as those spacers arent countersunk you will have to use some sort of self locking nut or nylock etc,never seen any with flat mounting holes like that

Comment

They are still countersunk but rather than a complete hole the sides have been milled open

Comment

mark . out of interest why do you need any spacer , to widen the track, the fiesta domanic built is a full wrc spec car running the same up rights and comp struts ect and it needs no spacer front or rear . with the speedline wheels on, its arches are fat and full, i tried my 9 inch wheel on it and it was no good .

i am just interested .

many thanks steven

Comment

Because when the car was built i could not afford the wide track front shafts or wrc uprights so i used spacers, they dont need to be quite as big now with the wrc uprights compared to standard 4x4 hubs but i still use them to fill the arches

I wont know the exact size i need till the geometry is set at the end of the build,

Comment

Because when the car was built i could not afford the wide track front shafts or wrc uprights so i used spacers, they dont need to be quite as big now with the wrc uprights compared to standard 4x4 hubs but i still use them to fill the arches

I wont know the exact size i need till the geometry is set at the end of the build,
                        now i understand mate .

thanks steven

Comment

strange, all the spacer kits ive seen come with bolts.

Medically Discharged!! Officially insane!!!
                          My toy!! Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3 Pic 4

Comment

They are still countersunk but rather than a complete hole the sides have been milled open
                            i cant understand why though? there must have been a reason for doing them like that originally plus it must make them a bit weaker too

Comment

I have absolutely no idea on that, i would not be too worried about them being weaker as it wont be enough to worry about,

Comment

Working...
                              X