Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suspension overhaul - what parts should I replace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension overhaul - what parts should I replace?

I'm going to gradually collect parts next year to overhaul the suspension on my escos which is currently on standard suspension save for powerflex bushes at the front. Santa very kindly delivered a set of koni adjustable dampers and Ahmed Bayjoo springs (thanks Mike for sorting these for my wife ). I've also ordered a polybush diff mount in msd's sale. What else should I be collectimg? Car is road use only, so I don't want to ruin the ride totally. I'm currently thinking:

Powerflex rear beam bushes (leaving the trailing arm bushes standard)
    New strut top bearings
    Powerflex strut top bush
    New bump stops (do I need these or should I just re-use the old ones)
    Uprated / solid steering rack mounts?

Thanks
    Dave

Dave if you do change the steering bushs i can machine you up a set of alloy ones drop me a p/m
    Paul

www.infinity-racing.co.uk www.spec-r.co.uk

Comment

dont forget the front strut top cups as your old ones will be broken,deffo worth getting new bump stops too

Comment

If replacing the top suspension cups then be sure to renew the bearings along with them.

Comment

hes already got the bearings on his list kelv

Comment

I wouldn't do the strut top rubbers, standard are very nice. I'm using standard ones I my own car and that's what we have used on all the big car builds, all being brilliant!

Comment

6 degree beam is supposed to be awesome even for a road car.

Medically Discharged!! Officially insane!!!
              My toy!! Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3 Pic 4

Comment

Originally posted by warrenpenalver View Post
                6 degree beam is supposed to be awesome even for a road car.

I agree.

North Yorkshire RSOC Chairman and all round nice guy

Comment

Cheers guys.

Jim, I presume it's worth getting new standard strut top rubbers as mine have presumably been on the car from new? Is Ford the best place to get these?

I'd love to put a 6 degree beam on, but as I've also got to rebuild the engine I'm not going to be able to run to the beam as well.

I'll add top cups to the list.

Thanks
                  Dave

Comment

Dave, I'm in Ford on Friday, would you like me to get a price on a few bits while I'm there, I'll nip into the parts section and see if Sally or Roger can help out

Comment

I've used the original on mine and have done on the other cars, but they were all low milage and very good condition. If yours are looking a bit worse for wear then yes see if you can get new

Comment

Kelv - thanks for the offer. If you have time prices for the top mount rubbers, top cups and bearings, bump stops, gaitors and spring top seats wouod be great. Don't worry if you don't get a chance as I work in Crawley so can pop in one lunchtime.

Cheers
                        Dave

Comment

Fair do's.
                          My car is in Friday for a warranty niggle, if you haven't found out by then I'll enquire aswell

Comment

Working...
                          X