Longer wheel studs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longer wheel studs

Right need some longer wheel studs as mine are to shortGot rondells on at mo but he bolt don't come right through the nutTried a mo on and same thing so how long do they need to be and what size etcBeen lookin on the bay but got lost now
    sigpic
    MAD tuned, DP engine, 530 bhp 480 lbft, autronics, anti lag, EFR 7670,

col i wud just ask mike rainbird he supplied mine and theyre spot on m8.

Comment

This is a good question, I have just got new wheels with group a inserts will I need longer studs?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by escosgaz View Post
        col i wud just ask mike rainbird he supplied mine and theyre spot on m8.
        Gaz on mikes site it says there 25 mm longer so thought that would be to muchAnd what sort of nuts u use for mo's
        sigpic

Comment

Iirc think it's 63mm ones you need

Comment

Wanted some shorter wheel studs for my car as my 65mm ones were too long for my new wheels. Had such long studs as was running 20mm spacers on my OZ Superlegs.

Did a wanted post on here suggesting maybe Mike could help but never got a reply, so buggered off to Ebay and bought a set off there for £21 delivered, 65mm length, and cut them shorter.

They'd be the ideal length for you I expect- get outside and measure up what you need

Link to the ones I bought:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2806551135...84.m1439.l2649
            sigpic

Comment

Rally Design in Faversham do them in proper 10.7 material, +13mm or +25mm for 80p each

Comment

Cheers for replys guysLooks like in need 10-15 mm longer but what is standard length
                sigpic

Comment

Can you change them with out removing hubs

CheeRS stu

Comment

Originally posted by Si B View Post
                    Wanted some shorter wheel studs for my car as my 65mm ones were too long for my new wheels. Had such long studs as was running 20mm spacers on my OZ Superlegs.

Did a wanted post on here suggesting maybe Mike could help but never got a reply, so buggered off to Ebay and bought a set off there for £21 delivered, 65mm length, and cut them shorter.

They'd be the ideal length for you I expect- get outside and measure up what you need

Link to the ones I bought:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2806551135...84.m1439.l2649

You have my email address and could have PM'd me . I can't read EVERY post and if I see a query aimed at me, I ALWAYS reply .

Anyway, for the OP, you need a MINIMUM of seven full turns of the nuts on the studs. If you have that, then you will be okay. If you have more, then no worries at all, but if you have less, you need longer ones.

When cutting them down, a trick is to put a nut on first and wind it down to the length you want. This allows you to butt the hacksaw up to it to cut straight, as well as when you remove the nut, it will burr over any material so that the factory nuts will go straight on .
                    Mike Rainbird

Click above - Sarcasm is just a free service I provide.

http://www.rsnorfolk.co.uk/

Nordschleife, there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right .

Comment

What lengh in total are the ones you sell then Mike and what is standard length
                      sigpic

Comment

I haven't got a standard one here to measure, but the two I have are:
                        Right = 48mm (thread length 28mm)
                        Left = 65mm (thread length 43mm)
                        Mike Rainbird

Nordschleife, there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right .

Comment

So that short one is 8 mm longer than standard if the one on right on your site is 25 mm longerso do you sell the 8 mm longer ones then Mikeif so why aren't they on your web site
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cossie col View Post
                            So that short one is 8 mm longer than standard if the one on right on your site is 25 mm longerso do you sell the 8 mm longer ones then Mikeif so why aren't they on your web site
                            Measure a standard one first, as I'm not sure how long they .
                            Mike Rainbird

Comment

Mike do the math if that 65 mm long one is the one you sell on your site which says its 25mm longer then surely standard is 40 mm will measure one when I get o mo though unless anyone else knows
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X