Best Subtle Mods & Tweaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Subtle Mods & Tweaks

Saw a thing on here the other day with a nice subtle mod about re routing the A pillar drain lines to discharge outside the cill rather than within it and thought it was a cracking idea. So am curious to know what you think are your best / favourite subtle mods and tweaks to make Cosworth ownership better .

At no point though can tiger strips fall within this category

Wired the boost gauge up to the dimmer switch on the dash.

Comment

Hydraulic clutch

Comment

550PS / 685Nm engine .
        Mike Rainbird

Click above - Sarcasm is just a free service I provide.

http://www.rsnorfolk.co.uk/

Nordschleife, there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right .

Comment

Magic Tree air freshener and a Garfield that sticks on the window. Classic mods for the discerning Cosworth owner.
          Cheers
          Trev.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Rainbird View Post
            550PS / 685Nm engine .
            With four silencers I agree that it's quite subtle!

Comment

4x axle stands in either corner and left in garage is saving me loads on repair bills!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E56ORT RS COSWORTH View Post
                4x axle stands in either corner and left in garage is saving me loads on repair bills!
                For some weird reason mine is always more expensive on axle stands than when it's on it's own wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Tore_TJ View Post
                  For some weird reason mine is always more expensive on axle stands than when it's on it's own wheels
                  Ahh i said repair bills! now renovation bills is something totally different!
                  sigpic

Comment

A nice little mod I did a long time ago was to mod the standard boost gauge on my road car so it would read 2.2 bar ( which is what I was running). It even retained the Vaccum reading as well. I didn't have to fit an aftermarket boost gauge. very useful and hardly detectable to the untrained eye.
                    sigpic

Sunnyside B&B and camper restorations
                    www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnysidebb View Post
                      A nice little mod I did a long time ago was to mod the standard boost gauge on my road car so it would read 2.2 bar ( which is what I was running). It even retained the Vaccum reading as well. I didn't have to fit an aftermarket boost gauge. very useful and hardly detectable to the untrained eye.
                      But how accurate are the standard gauges??
                      I'll have to find a 2,5gauge as my iecs isn't very cooperative on my car

Comment

Originally posted by Tore_TJ View Post
                        But how accurate are the standard gauges??
                        I'll have to find a 2,5gauge as my iecs isn't very cooperative on my car
                        Thats a common problem with boost watching.lol Once I had my boost set up properly all I Wanted to know was if the boost was lower than it should be taking into account outside temperatures /weather etc. I had a neat mark on the gauge face to indicate 2.2 bar & 2.0 bar. I wasnt interested in knowing any other reading. The vacuum gauge also worked and I put a neat mark where idle vacuum should be. If it didn't read what I expected it to be I would check for faults/vacuum/boosts leaks.

Its a bit like engine temp, all I need t know if its normal, going up, where the danger point is and the reverse if its going down and when the engine is cold. Actual figure IMO aren't all that necessary. Its indication and movement from normality that matters.
                        Just IMHO of course.lol

sigpic

Sunnyside B&B and camper restorations
                        www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

Thats a common problem with boost watching.lol Once I had my boost set up properly all I Wanted to know was if the boost was lower than it should be taking into account outside temperatures /weather etc. I had a neat mark on the gauge face to indicate 2.2 bar & 2.0 bar. I wasnt interested in knowing any other reading. The vacuum gauge also worked and I put a neat mark where idle vacuum should be. If it didn't read what I expected it to be I would check for faults/vacuum/boosts leaks.
                          Aha!

Comment

Its a bit like engine temp, all I need t know if its normal, going up, where the danger point is and the reverse if its going down and when the engine is cold. Actual figure IMO aren't all that necessary. Its indication and movement from normality that matters.
                            Just IMHO of course.lol

Exactly my thoughts when doing the MG, although the oil temp one is annoying now, as before I didn't know and could have just ignored it

Comment

Don't think me or my car qualifie to answer this question

Comment

Working...
                              X