One for the buffys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One for the buffys

Im going to centrial day on the saturday but wont have time to do everything i want on the friday.

Is it alright to wash the car dry it off and then cake it with wax on the friday and leave it over night with a car cover over it and then rub the wax of in the morning or will that affect the paint.

Cheers in advance.
    sigpic

I have done this before with Extra gloss protection, on a black car I used to own it was fine and the car looked great.

Follow us on Facebook

Tweet us on Twitter

Comment

the downside is the dampness from the cold over night, so you may fine when you come to take it off the polish is damp so it will smear

Comment

the reason some polishes say do not use in strong light is that they can be baked on,i have known polishes to go so hard they need polishing again just to remove what you already put on.
        depending on how good the stuff your using is it may come straight off or it may if the temp drops or its left on too long go hard and become difficult to shift.
        i think the cover may end up with polish on the inside then when used again on a clean fresh car it could smear polish back onto the car.

Comment

Personal I wouldn't leave the wax on all night could be a nightmare to take off, do all the work and then quick detail spray it in the morning to bring up the lust.
          Work Hard, Play Harder

Comment

Originally posted by Warren View Post
            Personal I wouldn't leave the wax on all night could be a nightmare to take off, do all the work and then quick detail spray it in the morning to bring up the lust.
            This is best,some polishes dry a nightmare,if you have a decent detail spray like megs quick detailer or poor boys spray and gloss this will add wax without the need to polish, doing this on the day will add to the shine too

Comment

Some polishes like Poorboys EX recommend leaving on for 12 hours or so before buffing off so overnight sometimes is the only option.

If however you do decide to leave the wax on over night you want to make sure there's no dust created to settle on the car, or you'll end up covering your car in swirls, if you're lucky!!
              XYZ Fabrications
              Bespoke, custom and low batch quantity cnc profiling, engraving and fabriactions, 07917757695

Comment

Working...
              X