My indicator issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My indicator issues?

Me and Ben have been chatting today about my indicator issues when his final question to me set alarm bells off......

My issues have been AFTER I fitted my AIM dash, so the indicator dash bulb wouldn't be connected.

Is the dash light part of the circuit?!? So with this not being connected, would it cause my fuses to keep blowing.

Jason
    sigpic

I can't even 100% recall if i still have an indicator bulb on the dash or not ........... i think there must be so you must be one of very few who has done away with them so i don't suppose anyone is likely to know really

I guess the question is, do you still have them and how hard would it be to test the theory by sticking them back in the circuit

It does sound a distinct possibilty to me because if you take the bulb out of a table lamp and bridge the circuit with your finger that will blow the fuse............. and your eyeballs

Comment

Why not take the Ford badge off and fit a BMW one instead Jase.

They're near as damn it the same colour, plus

You can dispense with the indicators altogether then.

Comment

Originally posted by spiritof'76 View Post
        I can't even 100% recall if i still have an indicator bulb on the dash or not ........... i think there must be so you must be one of very few who has done away with them so i don't suppose anyone is likely to know really

I guess the question is, do you still have them and how hard would it be to test the theory by sticking them back in the circuit

It does sound a distinct possibilty to me because if you take the bulb out of a table lamp and bridge the circuit with your finger that will blow the fuse............. and your eyeballs
        The more and more I think about it, the more the dash seems the most likely cause.. best grab Mt clocks off rippers!

Originally posted by cosmo View Post
        Why not take the Ford badge off and fit a BMW one instead Jase.

They're near as damn it the same colour, plus

You can dispense with the indicators altogether then.
        They haven't worked since the feature and I've done the beemer impression far too long
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by F12NCO View Post
          The more and more I think about it, the more the dash seems the most likely cause.. best grab Mt clocks off rippers!
          I think you're onto it..... if you take a bulb or anything out of a circuit the resistance of the circuit is reduced so more amperage flows putting higher strain on the fuse

Bloody hell i almost sounded like i knew what i was talking about there

I guess the person to talk to would be Ben over at Ipswich who does the R&B dash installs...... he knows his 12v stuff he might be able to recommend a resistor you could put in the circuit to imitate the bulb

Comment

Originally posted by F12NCO View Post
            Me and Ben have been chatting today about my indicator issues........
            Serious suggestion......

Check the wires from the reverse switch (on gearbox). If one of the wires is trapped, or shorting to ground, it will also effect the indicator circuit, causing the fuse to blow.

Comment

Originally posted by spiritof'76 View Post
              I think you're onto it..... if you take a bulb or anything out of a circuit the resistance of the circuit is reduced so more amperage flows putting higher strain on the fuse

Bloody hell i almost sounded like i knew what i was talking about there

I guess the person to talk to would be Ben over at Ipswich who does the R&B dash installs...... he knows his 12v stuff he might be able to recommend a resistor you could put in the circuit to imitate the bulb
              Good thinking Batman, will give him a bell.

Originally posted by L8 ECU View Post
              Serious suggestion......

Check the wires from the reverse switch (on gearbox). If one of the wires is trapped, or shorting to ground, it will also effect the indicator circuit, causing the fuse to blow.
              Doug, your the second person to mention that funny enough! !!

Will check tomorrow as I vaguely remember saying I had no reverse lights.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L8 ECU View Post
                Serious suggestion......

Good info that.....

Comment

My dash indicator has only worked once, when a new bulb was fitted. A week later it stopped worked and I haven't bothered with a new bulb. Hasn't effected the rest of the indicators though

FletchCossie Sponsors Motoring On Dave

Comment

Working...
                  X