Magnex exhaust cat conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnex exhaust cat conversion

I am wanting to add a stainless cat to my magnex exhaust. Has anybody done this and can you buy a section off the shelf to fit. I can't believe that magnex don't offer an option with the new laws for 2012. If not looking at the 2 pics below would it be possible to add one to the section highlighted in pic 1 as the cat in pic 2 only looks small. This looks the best place to put one as thats where they are on a standard ford one so it should fit under the car nice. Does anyone know where to buy a cat from that would be ok for an escos. I dont want to use a standard front pipe and cat as im looking for a long term solution that will not rot. Cheers.

you would struggle to get 2 cats in there with it being a twin pipe system,you would need to have the whole front section made from scratch really to accomodate them,by the time youve added the cost of 2 cats plus all the fabrication work it may be easier to just sell it and buy a blueflame or similar complete with cat pipe already,plus you can buy the decat section as well then which is a simple 10min job to swap over

Comment

Originally posted by The Radman View Post
      you would struggle to get 2 cats in there with it being a twin pipe system,you would need to have the whole front section made from scratch really to accomodate them,by the time youve added the cost of 2 cats plus all the fabrication work it may be easier to just sell it and buy a blueflame or similar complete with cat pipe already,plus you can buy the decat section as well then which is a simple 10min job to swap over

I was thinking if the standard twin cats fit then modding my middle section would fit too but i was more thinking to convert my middle part to a single 3" section with just 1 cat anyway so that should save buying 2 and i can keep my magnex front pipe as it is. This way i would only be modding the middle part and if it works i could start selling them to all the magnex owners I really like this system and from what i hear the blueflame is a bit loud and i also like my tail pipe too I have had GGR ones on all my other cars but they are mongoose exhausts now and some say they don't fit as good and again are a bit louder than a magnex.

Last edited by D J; 31-05-2012, 08:10:15.

Comment

Working...
      X