Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 993 Turbo prices

I am looking at a 1996 model 993 turbo.
    My question is what you think about the prices: Will they go up or down in the next 10 years ?
    Over here the prices have definitely increased the last 4-5 years. Maybe as much as 30%.

993's will DEFFO keep rising for good cars!

MY ALL TIME Favourite Porka!, followed by the newer GT3RS's
    sigpic

Comment

That was what I suspected... Should have bought one long time ago, but they seemed just as expensive back then

Comment

I could be wrong but sure I seen on another forum (BMW) of a guy who bought one of these and the engine failed, after researching he found it was a common issue with engine failier on these? Again I could be wrong. I know it was a 911 around that age.

Comment

996 & boxsters suffer from IMS failure that can trash the crank, 997 & Caymen suffer from bore scoring ... Best one to get is the turbo (996/7) as they have the GT1 derived block & are almost indestructible..

Not heard too many horror stories about the 993 but then again I don't keep a close eye on them

Comment

Last of the air cooled Porsches they will only keep going up in price for good cars.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RWD_cossie_wil View Post
              996 & boxsters suffer from IMS failure that can trash the crank, 997 & Caymen suffer from bore scoring ... Best one to get is the turbo (996/7) as they have the GT1 derived block & are almost indestructible..

Not heard too many horror stories about the 993 but then again I don't keep a close eye on them
              they have their issues too but not as much.and most have been sorted now. 996 and 997 have been given an unfair load of stick imo.they internet makes every thing seem worse. you never hear the good stories unfortunately

as for 993 prices.they wont drop now at all.only rise.
              sigpic

guns for show,knives for a pro

Comment

Working...
              X