Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can you glue new fixing brackets to bumpers as mine fell off going over a speed hump!!!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you glue new fixing brackets to bumpers as mine fell off going over a speed hump!!!?

hi all....well it never rains but it pours in the broome house so today the wife went over a speed hump in the audi a4 & the front bumper fell of. .. now it looks like the brackets have snapped off, so could i buy a crappy old bumper & glue the brackets on my sporty bumper or try & make some? if so what sort of glue/ adhesive do i use.. .. i must say its getting me down this credit crunch machine ive brought as it cost me £400 last month & ive just been quoated another £250 to sort the suspention arm out but its got to last 18 months more plus i need 2 new tyres..... id like to get somthing newer but i dont want a bank loan when ive not got a permanant job any advice would be grrrreat!
    sigpic

I would use Qbond mate its strong as fook

Comment

i agree with joe great stuff
      sigpic
      L76 APJ Pacifica Blue 570bhp 460lbt SCS mapped

Comment

some strong glue like above and if its one of those big flat plate things with a bolt that sticks out then fibreglass over the flat plate thus spreading the load over a bigger area making it stronger.

Medically Discharged!! Officially insane!!!
        My toy!! Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3 Pic 4

Comment

thanks boys..
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broome View Post
            thanks boys..
            get some pics of the job up so we can have a blue peter style how to
            one for the road?? ......
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X