air compressor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air compressor

who knows anything about air compressors? im looking one that will power a sand blasting cabnit,what are people using and are they up to the job?

thanks mark
    Thanks Mark.

NORRISMOTORSPORT 01773836274
    WWW.NI-FORDS.CO.UK

Mine's a 2.5hp and about 100 litres, does me and I use air tools and spray gun.

Scouse.

Comment

i have a little blasting cabinet and my silent compressor with 3 pumps which i think is 3/4 cfm isn't up to the job i think you would need a 15 cfm unit if you want to keep blasting without waiting for the compressor
      sigpic

Comment

I have a 150 liter tank,3hp single phase and i think it is 14 cfm.get as big
        as you can afford as you use air quick.

Comment

Cheers. I'll talk to the guy in the shop.
          Thanks Mark.

WWW.NI-FORDS.CO.UK

Comment

They told me at machine mart I would three phase and a large receiver to be able use for painting a panel is this true I think about £600 notes
            sigpic

Comment

for sand blasting 3phasae would be better, you've better CFM an you wont burn motor out as were you would with you single phase, you'd idealing want 15CFM or more for blasting, anything lower wouldnt be worth it, ABAC compressor are very good , alot of the big bodyshops use them,

why not buy a 2nd 3phase one mark?

Comment

If you have access to 3 phase electicity, then take advantage of it, the compressors that run on it are cheaper, and the motors more powerfull, so your cfm rating will be higher too.
                Remember, your after the maximum free air delivery in cfm, and not the displacement cfm rating.

if your going to shot blast larger components on a regular basis, then you simply need the best compressor you can afford, id want around 15-20cfm and at least 200ltr and 3hp if only single phase, also look for what max psi they work at, some are 115, the better ones 145psi, this will give you greater headroom before the motors kick in.

hope this helps a bit!.

Comment

Get a 3 hp single phase.

Comment

did you ever get a compressor mark?

Comment

Originally posted by andyrs View Post
                      did you ever get a compressor mark?

Not yet andy
                      Thanks Mark.

WWW.NI-FORDS.CO.UK