X5's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X5's

I'm currently looking at X5's for the mrs and wondered if you guys had any experience with them?

We're looking at 3.0d Sport, facelift 04 plate onwards.

Not many low milers to choose from and wondered what the suffer and would miles put you off one of these? Ideally wanted sub50k but the all seem to between 80-130k!

I've found a Bonny one sub 40k but she doesn't want black

So what do they suffer? I know most cars have problems but what is they're Achilles heel????

Thanks
    sigpic

There was a thread on passionford about this very subject, if your on there it's worth a read!

Comment

http://passionford.com/forum/general...k-out-for.html

Comment

They arent without their faults now mate unfortunetly , they can thud down the box coming to junctions , change & flush the gear oil twice which isnt cheap but cheaper than a box

Big rear subframe bushes are bad for going - big repair from a dealer there are tools for doing them which make life much easier

Common for battery drains - heater resistor fails keeping inside fans on not that expensive to repair

They suffer from water leaks into the boot damaging video modules & causing bus faults

We are seeing them fail more & more on brake pipes now getting to that age so you really want to be getting a fresh mot'd one & front wishbone bushes

When they are good they are great i had one for a while & loved it they are at affordable money now too , a but sore on fuel i wouldnt imagine anymore than 24-26 mpg driving like miss daisy 21.6 seemed to be the magic number on mine was a bit better after a map

Comment

well ive had mine a while its done 120k and only faulted once which was recently and all it was . waas the ign switch failed other than that its a wonderful piece of kit pulls my trailor no probs and will do 130mph if i want to and average 35mpg too

i would recomend to anyone
          ok they do have some issues but no m more than other cars of sim ilar spec

karl you can borrow mine for a week if you want to trial one out

mark

Comment

Disco 3 Karl

Comment

Karl bite the bullet & buy a E70 much better cars

I would love to have got 35 mpg out mine mark i dare say on the motorway cruising at 80 it would have done that no bother but normal driving to the shops , to work through towns etc never seen that & nor do any them that come in here i looked into this at the time because i expected more out mine mpg wise

Comment

my mrs drives mine all the time so probably drives like miss daisy but it allways says 35mpg on the computer

dont realy want an argument about it though

Comment

Originally posted by AJC View Post
                  Disco 3 Karl
                  That was my choice also great cars,my one was all face lifted to look like a discovery 4

Regret selling it tbh

Comment

I bought my misses one 6 months ago been great

Comment

x5 all the way

x5 great car my mrs has had two and they have both been great 100k is nothing for them x5 every time disco x5 has faults but these are worse
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Barber View Post
                        my mrs drives mine all the time so probably drives like miss daisy but it allways says 35mpg on the computer

dont realy want an argument about it though
                        Me neither dont need to be so touchy but 35mpg about town is a bit ehhh good you have a diamond there

P.S you arent confusing the MPG with the average speed were you ?
                        Last edited by Carlo; 07-11-2012, 16:54:23.

Comment

I wouldnt touch a Disco... brothers boss has three, two diesels and a Sport... all have failed on the suspension costing £2000 a piece.

Constant electrical faults with them!

My brothers has 120k, the other has 160k and the sport has fuck all. We had one on hire when it was brand new, lovely then but dont bother with older high mile ones! Nothing but a pain in the ass

"Sits and waits for the usual dribble about abused examples etc"

Comment

Originally posted by daz5885 View Post
                            I bought my misses one 6 months ago been great
                            What mpg is yours averaging ?

Comment

Mine has done 96k now, known it from brand new.

Never had anything apart from handbrake module and an egr valve.
                              Been serviced and just had cambelts.

My sisters has done 160k and although its noticeable that's it's done more miles. It's still a good bus and has been fault free for her. She bought it on 138k iirc

Both disco 3's tdv6's

Karl, if you want a mint low mile disco 3 tap cossiefrank up. His is a minter

Comment

Working...
                              X