skimming front ap 365mm discs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skimming front ap 365mm discs

as above i think my discs might be warped ( getting vibration through steering wheel when breaking) even tho i dont do any hard braking ive had my wheels recently balanced and they where all fine, can these be skimmed ok and when i put them back together is the torque setting still the same when tighten up the nuts for the bells

What pads are in them.

Mark

Comment

I have the same issue, but its not constant so could be something else.
      I would also like info on skimming discs(mine are the fixed 362's though)

Comment

Mine are also doing the same badly, but was told by the seller they needed to be done, my local machine shop said he'd skim them on his laithe for me, he said its easier to do them still attached to the bell for ease of mounting in the laithe.
        sigpic

Comment

You're doing well if you can warp a set of 365's through normal road use
          XYZ Fabrications
          Bespoke, custom and low batch quantity cnc profiling, engraving and fabriactions, 07917757695

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
            You're doing well if you can warp a set of 365's through normal road use
            Hi Dave well I think they are warped just guessing to be honest

Comment

As Mark ask, what pads do you have?

Comment

Are they floating discs if they are strip them clean everything up with a wire wheel and reassemble if they are fixed discs it may be worth doing as well as dissimilar metals react

OH FUCK WHAT WAS THAT NOISE

Comment

Had very similar problems with mine , but had a proper look at the disc and it tuned out to be part of the pads . When the car was standing for a bit in the wet the pads where sticking to the disc ( rusting on ) and would leave a bit on the disc and cause vibration under braking . Took the discs off and used a wire brush on a air drill to get the surface clean . Hope this helps

Comment

Pads probley glazed over Adam I would change them first

Comment

Originally posted by mark shead View Post
                      What pads are in them.

Mark
                      If I remember they are feredeo pads which came with the discs when I bought them hope this helps, I will have a look at the pads and discs over Xmas time as I have not got much time at the moment

Comment

I stand on my 355's as I did with abs on the old 362's from 100+mph again and again I don't think your disks are warped chap...

Comment

Originally posted by adam ant View Post
                          If I remember they are feredeo pads which came with the discs when I bought them hope this helps, I will have a look at the pads and discs over Xmas time as I have not got much time at the moment
                          If it has them I would expect its pad pick up as its common on them

Mark

Comment

The other thing that can cause this is "disc run-out". This is caused by raised imperfections on the mating faces (either the back of the bell or the hub face). When fitting new brakes to a car (as in new to the car), it is absolutely IMPERATIVE that the hub / bell face is spotlessly clean - the slightest bit of rust build up will tilt the disc fractionally and cause this to be exaggerated at the outer part due to the "leverage" effect - as in a 0.25mm deflection in the middle of the bell can be a several mm deflection at the outer part of a large disc.

Remove the brake discs and clean the faces up so they are perfect (if the hubs are rusty, it's best to remove the wheel studs to do this). Proper Preperation Prevents Piss Poor Performance .
                            Mike Rainbird

Click above - Sarcasm is just a free service I provide.

http://www.rsnorfolk.co.uk/

Nordschleife, there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right .

Comment

Have the hubs been powder coated? The mounting service will either be uneven because of dirt or a build up of paint

Comment

Working...
                              X