Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ive just been out for a champaine breakfast & they laying me off!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ive just been out for a champaine breakfast & they laying me off!

Well as a treat for everyone worling so hard they took everyone out for a full english & champaine breakfast at a really posh place! (wasnt that classy though, they didnt have any hp!).. But on black friday as i call it last week they say they can only give me work till febuary 9th as they cant afford a full time painter!... Its an extra months work but i must admit the champaine tasted a little bit bitter!.... Oh well it was nice of them to treat everyone, back to a greasy spoon for me next year!...
    sigpic

Sorry to hear however at least you are working until after Christmas.

Dave.

Comment

Sorry to hear that fella but as said at least ya got work to go back to and a lot can happen in 6 weeks
      sigpic
      MAD tuned, DP engine, 530 bhp 480 lbft, autronics, anti lag, EFR 7670,

Comment

bad news man, still got some time to sort some private work out.

Comment

Not great news, but sure you will sort something
          sigpic

Comment

Feel your pain. It's not nice

I was promised the world from a company a year past June so made the jump from an 11yr employment. just over a year to the date they laid me off due to "not having the predicted work load"

After taking it all in and discussing it with the wife we decided to turn it into a possitive rather than a negative and use it as an opportunity to try something new.
            Started up on my own as a consultant for the type of business I was in and am loving it.
            Only downside is that i boarded a vessel this morning to sail to a sub sea well site NE of Shetland for the next 18 days. Thats the downside of working for your own in this industry.......I have to jump when asked.

Try and do what I did and MAKE it work for you. Remember that no matter what you say the decision has been made so take the package and run for the hills.
            Also remember that if you take the package and dont use the notice period you can get it tax free
            Well worth it if its something like 3 months salary.

best of luck going forward.
            sigpic

Paul.

Comment

As above least you've got work over xmas and it gives you time to try and get some work in/organised! Good luck fella

Comment

Working...
              X