( anyone else) Sick of flash rust & seized brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ( anyone else) Sick of flash rust & seized brakes

OK I should be used to it, but its like OCD with me. I hate flash rust on my AP discs. There floating so the clearance between the pad and the disc is fook all anyway ....add a bit of flash rust and the brakes are always seized on after leaving the car for more than a few days outside.
    SO>>>>>
    Does anyone know any "Oldskool" tricks to stop it...........and dont say dive it more either Or am I going to have to put op with my OCD and rusty brakes

sigpic

Sunnyside B&B and camper restorations
    www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Put some oil/grease on them

Comment

Originally posted by Richie View Post
      Put some oil/grease on them

Ho Ho Ho you vely funee santa, surprised you didn't say wrap them in Pussers Black Maskers....that normally solves most problems
      sigpic

www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

Take them off and keep them inside!

Scouse.

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse View Post
          Take them off and keep them inside!

Scouse.
          Scouse, I jump in the car every few days and drive it so that's not an option. But even after 2 days of standing , fook it, actually after one night of standing the brakes have already started to bind up.
          I was thinking of a car cover as the wind drives the rain into the rims and even if bone dry when parked the brakes can be tight the next morning after a good rain.

I was wondering if there was a non oily preservative the bufty people use that you spray on after washing and it inhibits the corrosion but wont effect the braking.

sigpic

www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

Just the bit the brakes pads don't touch lol but this year this car is going to get more abuse than jimmy saviles victims lol

Comment

Originally posted by punton.bhp View Post
              Just the bit the brakes pads don't touch lol but this year this car is going to get more abuse than jimmy saviles victims lol
              Its these floating discs that dont help as the bloody pads are almost touching all the time as theres no throw off. My 911 had flash rust discs but never had seized discs.
              sigpic

www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

If your car lives outside I don't think you will ever stop this as moisture will also form the rusting. I think you need to get a garage!

Comment

Originally posted by redrsmk5 View Post
                  If your car lives outside I don't think you will ever stop this as moisture will also form the rusting. I think you need to get a garage!
                  i have a workshop, which has never been empty always got VWs for resto in and Ive got the barn style undercover storage for the hire vans and parking for at least 6 guests cars, the Land Rover and the ESCOS , I'm starting to run out of space.
                  sigpic

www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

make some room for the old escos you know it makes sense plus deserve it

you been after her for a while frank so pamper her

Comment

Originally posted by georgie1 View Post
                      make some room for the old escos you know it makes sense plus deserve it

you been after her for a while frank so pamper her
                      lol,
                      the vans need to be undercover as they are already producing a turnover half way toward VAT reg so I need to look after them. The ESCSOs on the other hand has to live outside

I was thinking about a cover
                      sigpic

www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

how about a wooden shed next to where the landrover sits

Comment

how about a wooden shed next to where the landrover sits
                          could work but during the summer my customers park in that area as its secure for when they take out a camper. I dont know where the ESCOS will go when I get the hire fleet up to 6 vans

Anyways, hope your feeling a little better mate, what you got going for Xmax.....going away to family or staying home
                          sigpic

www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnysidebb View Post
                            could work but during the summer my customers park in that area as its secure for when they take out a camper. I dont know where the ESCOS will go when I get the hire fleet up to 6 vans

Anyways, hope your feeling a little better mate, what you got going for Xmax.....going away to family or staying home
                            i like being home with sarah nice and quiet

yeah i feel a bit better been abit low with what happen

but i been lighting a candle each day plus im always thinking of him

screen saver of him on pc and phone he was the best

Comment

i like being home with sarah nice and quiet

yeah i feel a bit better been abit low with what happen

but i been lighting a candle each day plus im always thinking of him

screen saver of him on pc and phone he was the best
                              There was a company that did wooden plaques with pictures on then super resin coated and polished. We had one done of our "Misty" she has pride of place in the living room.
                              sigpic

www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X