braking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• braking

When i put the escos away back in september, i had a shaken on the breake when breaking, slow or hard it was the same, Do you think it could be the rotors {discs}, not driven hard at all and never tracked,,,
    advise would be helpfull, as i dont mind getting new ones if it sorts it out for me ,, seen them for abt £300, but havnt looked that hard as yet , im sure mick r will do them, or RAYLAND..

All so dosent do it right away ,takes a mile or two??????????????????????????????
    sigpic

Of course I love you more darling

Mine had a bit of a judder when breaking, so I had them skimmed , the engineer said they had 8thou run out so hopefully be fine now, cost me £40.
    sigpic

Comment

what brake you got on it

Comment

Originally posted by georgie1 View Post
        what brake you got on it
        SORRY georgie.
        AP 330 4POT
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by coswurv View Post
          Mine had a bit of a judder when breaking, so I had them skimmed , the engineer said they had 8thou run out so hopefully be fine now, cost me £40.
          May look into that if anyone knows of some one not 100miles away from essex
          sigpic

Comment

could be as above or maybe one of piston on caliper sticking

Comment

Bump
              for anymore advise on this prop please.
              sigpic

Comment

To be fair its very hard to say much more, you really do need to get it looked at.
                Just as a suggestion I would consider having a look at your track control bushes, make sure the big nut hasn't wound loose. Have the ball joints checked for play. if your handy with tools take the wheels off and have a look at the discs for any obvious signs of problems such as a crack. Take the discs off and check the pistons aren't seized as Georgie says.
                Take the discs to a reputable machine shop and have them checked. Its still possible to warp AP discs even with just one hard braking application if you kept your foot on the brake afterwards as the discs cooled down ( this can cause a cool spot where the pads were touching and warp the disc.not common but it can happen) .
                But TBH this is all grasping at straws, it needs a hands on approach to diagnose accurately what the problem could be. Needless to say any Judder is not good and is a sign of a problem some where and not necessarily with the disc directly.
                sigpic

Sunnyside B&B and camper restorations
                www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

Im taxing it today and going to ring some people to see if i can get it looked at.
                  Cheets for advise everyone.
                  sigpic

Comment

Are they floating discs or solids have you had the wheels off and checked the discs on both sides to check for corrosion

OH FUCK WHAT WAS THAT NOISE

Comment

Will be removing at wkend. bells and rotors...
                      sigpic

Comment

Took the front discs of ,had a clean up looked at the pads all good apart from drives side ,,,,
                        The pad had a shiney line throw it so moved the pads a round and bingo its ok.
                        so its to do wiht disc on drivers side ,, so need a new pair of rotors, and pads.
                        Thanks for all advise or looking into getting it skimmed
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cab2cos View Post
                          Took the front discs of ,had a clean up looked at the pads all good apart from drives side ,,,,
                          The pad had a shiney line throw it so moved the pads a round and bingo its ok.
                          so its to do wiht disc on drivers side ,, so need a new pair of rotors, and pads.
                          Thanks for all advise or looking into getting it skimmed
                          What would a disc cost........£150 ota I suspect to have them ground will cost arround £30.
                          Its up to you really, just dont let anyone skim them using a cutting tool, they need to be surface ground.
                          sigpic

Sunnyside B&B and camper restorations
                          www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

think i will get a new one , or should i get a pair do you think
                            Originally posted by Sunnysidebb View Post
                            What would a disc cost........£150 ota I suspect to have them ground will cost arround £30.
                            Its up to you really, just dont let anyone skim them using a cutting tool, they need to be surface ground.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnysidebb View Post
                              just dont let anyone skim them using a cutting tool, they need to be surface ground.
                              I had my ap's skimmed on a laithe the other week and they're spot on now.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X