need to insure policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need to insure policy

hiya guys im just wondering if anyone that is insured with need to insure has a exclusion on their policy that excludes theft when not garaged?

my policy schedule states theft cover is excluded in the event of the insured vehicle not been kept in a locked garage between 10pm and 6am whilst parked at home.

i am not 100% sure if this means its not insured anywhere after 10pm??? or is it just if i dont put it away when i get home at night??

confused?? yes.... but thought i would ask on here to put my mind at rest before i can ring them from work tomorrow

thanks
    sigpic

If it was me. I would say its not in a garage and remove any threat of it. If its saving you loads then fine

Comment

Think it means as it reads, if its at your house it needs to be looked in a garage overnight between those hours as your car might be known to be kept there by some scumbagbut its ok if your staying away and car is at a different address or that's what I have been told before anyway
      sigpic
      MAD tuned, DP engine, 530 bhp 480 lbft, autronics, anti lag, EFR 7670,

Comment

99% of the time its tucked away safely was just worried about when stopping at hotels for shows etc.
        im going to ring them first opportunity tomorrow to put my mind at rest
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah Col is right, if you are at home it needs to be garaged at night but if your away then its insured anywhere. I have phoned them about this in the past.
          sigpic

Comment

as Col says Jakki

Comment

just to confirm Jakki, the above comments are correct.

Follow us on Facebook

Tweet us on Twitter

Comment

oh well thats spot on......all is good in the hood then this girl will sleep well tonight

cheeRS
                sigpic

Comment

mines the same jakki and i'm with boncaster, iirc is was also mentioned when i spoke to hagerty.

if you're not using it between those hours and its at home it needs to be locked up, if you are using anywhere between those hours then its covered. just don't come home at 11pm and leave it out for an hour or two cos if it goes then you're not covered...

Comment

Paul, not had my new docs through. Can you double check for me please?
                    Thanks
                    Mark

Comment

Working...
                    X