Alternator advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternator advice needed

Hi guys I'm after some alternator advice. Im using a standard alternator at the moment and I'm finding that the voltage is to low. I've relocated the battery to the boot and am using a varley red top 40 battery. when the cars ticking over its at 12.5 volts and when I'm high up in the rev range its dropping as low as 10.8 volts. Im thinking i need a bigger alternator but wheres the best place to get this ?

any advice welcome

http://randbmotorsport.co.uk/shop/De...?ProductID=389
    Mike Rainbird

Click above - Sarcasm is just a free service I provide.

http://www.rsnorfolk.co.uk/

Nordschleife, there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right .

Comment

hi mike i have looked at that already and was just wondering if there are any other options. Also how involved is the modification to the bracket ?

Cheers
      Matt

Comment

Mike Rainbird

Click above - Sarcasm is just a free service I provide.

http://www.rsnorfolk.co.uk/

Nordschleife, there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right .

Comment

Even easier to use a drop link
          sigpic
          MAD tuned, DP engine, 530 bhp 480 lbft, autronics, anti lag, EFR 7670,

Comment

Originally posted by Cossie col View Post
            Even easier to use a drop link

Do you have any pictures of it done this way ?

Comment

Originally posted by jona bona View Post
              Hi guys I'm after some alternator advice. Im using a standard alternator at the moment and I'm finding that the voltage is to low. I've relocated the battery to the boot and am using a varley red top 40 battery. when the cars ticking over its at 12.5 volts and when I'm high up in the rev range its dropping as low as 10.8 volts. Im thinking i need a bigger alternator but wheres the best place to get this ?

any advice welcome
              I hade the same problem, overhault the alternator and fit a 15v regulator. Works perfect now

Comment

My alternator was brand new from ford a couple of years ago and has only done about 500 miles I just think its not man enough now.

Cheers matt

Comment

It should last longer then that. Take of the regulator, and have a look at the "rings" dont now what you call it over there

Comment

trouble is the alternator has always bin like that from brand new, so I think it is just that its not got enough amps
                    Cheers
                    Matt

Comment

Originally posted by jona bona View Post
                      Do you have any pictures of it done this way ?

Should be easy for a man of your talents
                      sigpic
                      MAD tuned, DP engine, 530 bhp 480 lbft, autronics, anti lag, EFR 7670,

Comment

Working...
                      X