Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fao those that are good with cleaning cars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fao those that are good with cleaning cars.

Tom this might be up your street.

I'm a newbie but want to have a blast at clay barring the daily as the paint isn't smooth.

So I want to clay it, polish then wax, (that's correct?)

So people advertise clay lube. Is there a cheaper alternative?

Cheers

Wash it and then get as much tar off as you can first Andy.

Then just clay it, really easy I just used water in a spray bottle with a tiny bit of quick detailer thrown in.

Start at the top and work your way down.

Then give it a polish and some good quality wax on top.

88 Sapphire RS Cosworth
    53 Focus RS
    05 Mondeo ST TDCI

Comment

Spot on advice above Andy , best get it done ASAP because once that baby comes your not gonna be able to slip off

Comment

If you use the Bilt Hamber clay all you need as lube is water. Bilt Hamber make some really good stuff aswell

Comment

Good thread this i need to do my bm i paid a giy to do the mk2 , also for cleaning like engine bay grime etc is a brush ok with a bit of watered down G101 ?

Comment

Buy two products first.

CarPro's Iron X.
            AutoSmart Tardis.
            Wash car.
            Rinse down.
            Spray with iron X. This will remove fallout, iron contamination etc.
            rinse down thoroughly!
            Spray with Tardis, avoid deals, plastics etc where possible, this will melt tar spots.
            You can use a microfibres lightly but I find leaving it to swell for 2-3 minutes normally melts most of it away, then spray again and wipe down CAREFULLY.

I say to that, because 1. Your less likely to damage paint when your not touching it,
            2. Saves time in your knees claying paintwork

Then clay, you can use just water with Bilt Hamber, but when testing it marred the sh*t out of the paint if your not careful although I was working fast too!
            Id ecommend the Halfords stocked Megs Kit, it's easy to use, decent soft gentle grade clay it's safe enough for any one to use, may take a little longer but last thing you want is squeeky clean paint that's scratched to buggery!

Give it a decent hand polish then seal it with a few coats of a decent wax . Job jobbed.

Comment

Tom, exactly what I wanted to know.

Thanks very much. Got a bit of paintwork to do on the arch and then I'll do it

Comment

No worries mate, glad I could help, I'm not great with mechanical stuff, but cleaning I like even though my car doesn't seem to reflect that

Comment

Well I can say it looked great on track at FF and was shifting!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarmac Terrorist View Post
                    No worries mate, glad I could help, I'm not great with mechanical stuff, but cleaning I like even though my car doesn't seem to reflect that
                    complete shit Tom, your cars paint work is absolutely stunning and a real credit to all the effort you've put in to get it looking as it does

Comment

Stone chipped to buggery and rusty now lol!!

Cheers Ben,

Thanks Andy. Wasn't going bad considering I has two cracked plugs and it was misfiring really badly on that last lap, I was gutted, went so much quicker on the way home lol! I defo need to practice cornering though, feels quite nippy on the road, felt like a barge on track lol

Comment

I heard it misfire but definitely looked well and was quick

Comment

Originally posted by Tarmac Terrorist View Post
                          Same here.my car doesn't reflect my ability to clean nowdays
                          sigpic

guns for show,knives for a pro

Comment

I just don't have the time or money to get mine how I want it, once the paintwork I want doing is done. Outs come the wet and dry, and its getting a full wet sand detail either that or start a new challenge

Comment

Mine isn't tidy enough for me to go over it tbh.needs a bit of
                              Paint.but as I've said to you.i prefer driving her at the mo
                              sigpic

guns for show,knives for a pro

Comment

Working...
                              X