Mitsubishi Evo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitsubishi Evo

I've officially put the Esco off the road and have tentatively started grinding and sanding. I've got the bumpers off etc etc.

Meantime im looking at getting a run around and have been considering an early Evo. I have seen a few 4's that seem ridiculously cheap, ie £3000-£3500. Now most of the ones i've seen are down South and at least 300 miles from me. So, has anyone dealt with, or know anyone whos dealt with WRC-Sales in Bradford, SABE Imports in Bradford?, Keighly Trade Centre in West Yorkshire? Or does anyone know of a good trader that has a reasonable stock of early Evos that i can have a look at?

Last edited by Agent David; 03-03-2009, 23:18:51.

why an evo m8, i had a evo V a few years back didnt think much of it to be honest, prefered the sti scooby, never drove a evo III or IV mind,

Comment

Bargain of the century has to be the Pulsar GTiR surely? Plenty of reasonably mileaged examples on piston heads under £2500 and its cheaper insurance then an Evo.... From personal experience, not particularly expensive or difficult to fix if it goes wrong, just dont try and push the gearbox too far (although from what you sound like you intend to do with it, i doubt this will be a factor).

Scooby would be my second choice because its harder to avoid a snotter, and really nice ones (limited editions) still fetch really good money.

Comment

Originally posted by R5COS View Post
        why an evo m8, i had a evo V a few years back didnt think much of it to be honest, prefered the sti scooby, never drove a evo III or IV mind,
        Its cheap, its nippy and there aren't many of them up here. There are literally 100's of scoobys up here. Believe it or not the insurance is cheaper for the Evo as well. Like them much more than the Subarus.

Comment

agent d, you got a pm comming your way mate

Comment

Originally posted by COZZFATHER View Post
            agent d, you got a pm comming your way mate
            Replied mate

Comment

Originally posted by Agent David View Post
              Its cheap, its nippy and there aren't many of them up here. There are literally 100's of scoobys up here. Believe it or not the insurance is cheaper for the Evo as well. Like them much more than the Subarus.
              thats strange as ireland is awash with evos, there bloody everywhere, hope you find a gudun

Comment

im also been considering looking at buying an EVO, been scanning the web looking at decent spec EVO VI and Tommi's.
                Mmmmm very tempting

Comment

Originally posted by Kelv View Post
                  im also been considering looking at buying an EVO, been scanning the web looking at decent spec EVO VI and Tommi's.
                  Mmmmm very tempting
                  You won the lottery and not told us!
                  sigpic

Comment

keyleigh trade have a bad rep mate, i cant personaly vouch for this but heard plenty that can, think they sold on a escos with a rs2000 logbook and the new owner didnt notice so got stuck with it. He lost alot of money and from what I heard itsnot the first time they have done this.

Personally for your money I would look at a e36 M3 Evo, standard it would rape the evo, looks better, is built better, loads more reliable, more comfy and will hold its value better if looked after.
                    Just my opinion, most on this site have or have had M3's and you dont hear too many bad words about them.
                    If you do go for one, leave of the SMG box and check on the evos for the vanos system making a noise on startup. Thje best all rounder is the E36 M3 Euro (3.0i) I have one of these and its never once missed a beat. Best car I have ever owned.

Comment

I would choose the Evo Sunny/Pulsars are nice, but as mentioned above the gearboxes are crap.
                      Evo 1-3 have a completely different engine/running gear compared to the newer ones. Most Evo 4s look pretty crap IMO, so would choose one newer than that.

Having said that, my friends Evo4 came out pretty well with a bit of work...

Comment

Originally posted by mboon View Post
                        Personally for your money I would look at a e36 M3 Evo, standard it would rape the evo, looks better, is built better, loads more reliable, more comfy and will hold its value better if looked after.
                        Just my opinion, most on this site have or have had M3's and you dont hear too many bad words about them.
                        If you do go for one, leave of the SMG box and check on the evos for the vanos system making a noise on startup. Thje best all rounder is the E36 M3 Euro (3.0i) I have one of these and its never once missed a beat. Best car I have ever owned.
                        I did look about for one of these and saw 1 or 2 i fancied but the insurance was ridiculous. It was double what i've been quoted for the Evo so they are a no go. I'd prefer an Evo VI but they are to much at the moment, so a IV or a cheap V is the way forward. Like i say, anyone hear of a decent one let me know. Looking to buy in April.

Comment

who you looking for insurance mate? i got mine down to just under £800

Comment

Internet search engines. Elephant for the Evo was appox £400. For the BMW it was approx £900 Just about let a little bit of pee out when i saw the quote!!!

Comment

lol fair play, insurance companys dont like M3's lol apparently they are twitchy when driven hard ???

Comment

Working...
                              X