Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ST fast idle when warm

Bloody auto correct , the title shoud be fast idle

I've noticed that when the car gets warm it idles at about 1200-1500 rpm then slowly (after a while )drops to its normal idle speed
    Any ideas as to why the idle is so fast when warm ?
    sigpic

how long is 'a while'? For example, if I pull up to a junction and have to stop, mine idles at about 1200 for a second or so, then drops to 900.

Comment

About a minute or so. , when I first pull up it's at about 1700 then after a second it drops to about 1200-1500 then after a minute or so it drops to about 1000
      sigpic

Comment

edited the title for you

Mine behaves as per Simon above

Comment

Something not quite right there then fella, air leak or maybe a sticking idle valve.

Comment

Does it idle fast whilst coming off throttle whilst moving? Or is it stationary when this happens?

Comment

Originally posted by robski View Post
              Does it idle fast whilst coming off throttle whilst moving? Or is it stationary when this happens?
              Both , if I dip the clutch and let off the throttle at say 50mph it will be revving at about 1500rpm
              sigpic

Comment

I think in that scenario it is supposed to idle slightly high, as the ECU is sensing that the car is moving, that is why the ST has a electric speed sensor in addition to the cable speedo drive.

Comment

Disconnect the speedo sensor and see if the fault still persists
                  Also check the obvious, like TPS and if you have a dump valve they can play havoc with idling on a ST EScos

Comment

Working...
                  X