whats a 4x4 gearbox worth? as i need a newone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats a 4x4 gearbox worth? as i need a newone

ive been offered a 4x4 box with 30k on it for £450 but it seem a bit much... anyone know of a good one for sale.

also i'm going to need a new clutch as the box is off, its got a 6paddle in there is it ok to simply wack in a new friction plate?

cheers guys

Why not just get yours rebuilt so you know exactly what you are getting? Bara will do a rebuild for £200+ parts, and will be absolutly spot on as they dyno run it afterwards as well. Even if it needs a full set of syncros etc I think they are only about £17 each, so less than £100 for that, and price in some new bearings etc, could have it rebuild and done for less than £400 hopefully ... Where abouts in the country are you mate?

Comment

2.0 dohc sierra xr4x4 box is same box, they go for £50 on ebay and have never had more than 100bhp put through them.

Change your clutch arm and pivot pin and it litterally is the same box.

Yes you can just put in a new plate as long as flywheel and clutch cover are in good condition.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by sillyfezzamk1 View Post
        2.0 dohc sierra xr4x4 box is same box, they go for £50 on ebay and have never had more than 100bhp put through them.
        When you think of it like that its quite impressive that it can take up to 350bhp & a bit more given the right conditions. Not such a bad gearbox after all.

Comment

thanks for your repleys i'm prity sure its going rear wheel drive now !!!

Comment

Originally posted by C7SSE View Post
            When you think of it like that its quite impressive that it can take up to 350bhp & a bit more given the right conditions. Not such a bad gearbox after all.
            Well it was way too heavy duty a box for the 2.0 dohc xr4x4. It was just the one in use on other sierras at the time like V6 xr4x4s and V6 granadas so it got used.

But yeah not many production boxes can top out at x3.5 their std power.

Dan

Comment

Working...
            X