Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

going rate for a set of headlight covers ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• going rate for a set of headlight covers ??

hi all, i'm looking to go back to standard headlights and remove my morrettes. i have a really good of headlights but don't want to do the swap til i've bought a set of headlight covers. i've found a set that are in good used condition (no cracks etc) but the seller is waiting for an offer and i don't really want to start at a quid

help please lol

also is it much of a chew wiring wise to swap them back ??

Its like anything mate in this world, if you want them that much then you will have to pay a premium. I bet the seller knows how rare they are and will want top dollar as would any of us in this position. I tried to buy a set for a sierra last year. They were in good used condition and the owner wanted £100 so I didnt bother tbh.

I do have a set boxed and with instructions and fitting tool and if I was selling I would expect around that if not a bit more tbh.

hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by chicksrs View Post
      Its like anything mate in this world, if you want them that much then you will have to pay a premium. I bet the seller knows how rare they are and will want top dollar as would any of us in this position. I tried to buy a set for a sierra last year. They were in good used condition and the owner wanted £100 so I didnt bother tbh.

I do have a set boxed and with instructions and fitting tool and if I was selling I would expect around that if not a bit more tbh.

hope this helps

i'd give you that for yours if you're going to ford fair ??

Comment

if you mean the gen ford acrylic covers then £150 for mint/as new ones,have you seen good pics of them as they can look great in a pic but when up close can be covered in scratches,they mark so easily,also make sure they are the proper es cos ones and not standard mk5

Comment

Ive just swapped the other way mate, , the morrettes came with wiring that plugged straight into the harness without cutting any blocks or wires, so it should be easy if its a similar set up.

Comment

No sadly I cant make Ford Fair due to work commitments. But thanks for the offer but they ain't for sale. I like them on the car too much tbh. But the point being made by Radman is spot on. If you find a set to buy you want to see them in the flesh so you know what your getting and what condition. When I pushed the sierra cover seller the condition wasn't as good as described and even had some damage so I pulled out. But yes they are genuine ones mate.

Comment

Originally posted by The Radman View Post
              if you mean the gen ford acrylic covers then £150 for mint/as new ones,have you seen good pics of them as they can look great in a pic but when up close can be covered in scratches,they mark so easily,also make sure they are the proper es cos ones and not standard mk5

yes nick they are genuine ford and came off a mk5 rs2000

Comment

Originally posted by stu View Post
                Ive just swapped the other way mate, , the morrettes came with wiring that plugged straight into the harness without cutting any blocks or wires, so it should be easy if its a similar set up.

cheers stu

Comment

Working...
                X