Do You Remember When........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Remember When........

.......the main source of buying cars and parts was flicking through a nice and thick Auto Trader during Thursday morning brew

Was watching the tele the other day about how good it was in the 70's and although I'm a tad too young for the 70's it did get me thinking back to the "good old days"

What are your memories ?

I used to like read the autotrader too lol.

used to buy the Loot also, got a few good deals in there.....internet has ruined all that however its has opened up the world.

Dave.

Comment

I use to love Thursdays and now, how the internet has taken over, its simply great

Comment

I used to look at auto trader and the local news paper classifieds lusting after an EsCos as a 16 yr old lad. I can clearly remember an Auralis Blue ST non whale tail coming up for sale at a local dealer. I can even picture the thumb nail image in the advert.

Comment

Can u remember when jct28 used to have a double spread in one of the traders full of

Comment

When I was looking for an rs turbo in 1995 the north east autotrader never had many in, so a friend who lived in cannock used to post the midland autotrader to me on a thursday morning, so on a friday I could see it, I found exactly what I was looking for a few weeks later and bought a H reg Mercury grey one from just near donington, My dad still owns it today!

steve

NSSCC 2016 Class B1 Champion
            Mondeo 2.2 Titanium X sport daily driver, xr4x4 cosworth race car
            Matt lewis motorsport supporting my racing in 2016
            Reyland built, mapped by motorsport developments 455BHP
            http://www.mattlewismotorsport.co.uk/

Comment

Still got the autotrader advert cut out for my car from the old owner!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Le Moignan View Post

So have I

Comment

I remember when the website first went live it was only updated on Thursdays!

Comment

I used to buy a local classifieds paper called scotads had a motoring section, it may still be going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

During the celtic tiger the irish shop shelfs were filled with autotrader packed with cool cars, mags would be gone by sathurday, amazing how things change now very few autotrader and even less cool cars .

Comment

Originally posted by therossatron View Post
                        I remember when the website first went live it was only updated on Thursdays!
                        if i didn't give my local agent my post code the ad wouldn't go on the internet,were talking 2000-2001, i used to get arseholes from all over the fookin place chewin my ear off usually for far too long about something they had piss all intention of travelling 400 miles to buy.... fuckers

still made a fortune out of the north west automart though which became the autotrader,shame its shite now

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Le Moignan View Post
                          me too , infact iv got a few , yeah auto trader Thursday morns were quality, 6am at the shop I bought a trader about 18 month ago ish & fook I couldn't even read the writing my eyes are getting bad or writing smaller or maybe just both

don't think they print one now do they

Comment

Auto trader was awesome as an 18/19 year old boy racer, always went straight to the sports section looking at all the xr3i's, RS turbos, golf gti's, 205 gti's and cossies. Loot was good too, the thick Friday orange edition was the best!
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X