New family car suggestions....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New family car suggestions....

Earlier this year I bought a Mondeo ST TDCI 07 plate with 55,000. Silver with Recaro leather.

Been using the car as a daily and already finding myself getting bored of it.

It's a great car, heated leather, huge boot etc etc, but as I get bored easily I've been thinking about selling and trying something different

This is where I need help from you. Budget of around £7k needs to be reliable with a big boot, Isofix is essential as the mondeo doesn't have it and it's a nightmare with the child seat (our audi has Isofix and it's so much easier! Lol!)

Fire away!

Cheers Billy

Follow me on Instagram @billy_rs

How about a bmw 330d saloon? Plenty of poke to keep you amused and still return decent mpg
    sigpic

Thanks, Jamie

Comment

Originally posted by jaiscossie View Post
      How about a bmw 330d saloon? Plenty of poke to keep you amused and still return decent mpg
      I wouldnt class the 3 series boot as big though...

Comment

Yeah maybe. Looked at 535d's before but didn't really pay attention to the 3 series

Comment

Just had a quick flick through 3 series..... Not for me.

Comment

Passat CC
            I love mine looks great with a huge boot.
            Rich
            The Cossie isn't in the Garage because it's Broke, its because I am!

Speed Doesn't Kill, It's not being able to Stop in Time!

sigpic

Comment

Mate just bought a 04 54 x5 3.0d sport with 80k fbmwsh black with black leather very clean 2 owner car gave 7 dead for it, doesn't have comms pack but A LOT car for the money bottom book was 6500 but gave extra due to condition and had 4 new tyres etc .Keep something like that for a year and get your cash back

Comment

Is anything else as a daily driver going to be more interesting than the ST TDCI? I've always liked mine, it does everything well, it's torquey, full of kit and doesn't cost a fortune to run. Surely anything else that's a daily driver isn't going to set the world on fire. I had a BMW 325tds diesel a while back (it was an M3 rep). It was powerful and looked good but to be honest it's one of the worst daily drivers I've had, it was seriously unreliable and was always in the garage, and cost me a fortune every time it needed anything. I got fed up with it because of that in the end and sold it and got a Focus Turbo diesel and all was well again. I guess it depends how many miles you do. I do a lot so I'm happy with what I've got.

Saying all that.....I actually quite like the Focus Zetec S TDCI on about the 09-10 plate. If it wasn't another Mondeo that's what I'd get. Saw one on the road and it just looked a bit different to the normal run of the mill cars that just all blend into each other. But I think you might need to stretch a bit more than £7k for one.
                Cheers
                Trev.

Comment

I've got to agree with Trev, the mondeos are pretty good cars have a few niddles but nothing major, I wouldn't get a BMW tbh I don't rate them highly as they give there problems if not well looked after and cost a bloody fortune to fix, I have an 07/08 model Mondeo 140 and have to say compare to older mondeos(they were great cars) its a really good daily driver and easy on fuel got all the toys too

Comment

Originally posted by hughy View Post
                    I've got to agree with Trev, the mondeos are pretty good cars have a few niddles but nothing major, I wouldn't get a BMW tbh I don't rate them highly as they give there problems if not well looked after and cost a bloody fortune to fix, I have an 07/08 model Mondeo 140 and have to say compare to older mondeos(they were great cars) its a really good daily driver and easy on fuel got all the toys too
                    Yes, I've been looking at the newer Mondeos. They do look ideal for what I do. I like the look of the Titanium X TDCI Sport particularly. I definitely fancy one of those as a daily.
                    Cheers
                    Trev.

Comment

been looking at jag x types, Saab 93's, Audi A4's etc

Tbh I hate new cars, all the electronic crap is just asking for trouble

Might have a look at imprezas or evo's as they have 4 doors and big boots

Comment

Originally posted by TREVCOS View Post
                        Yes, I've been looking at the newer Mondeos. They do look ideal for what I do. I like the look of the Titanium X TDCI Sport particularly. I definitely fancy one of those as a daily.
                        Now I'd murder a titanium x just perfect, really I'm over the Mondeo at how easy the Mondeo is on diesel and the way it drives

Comment

ive had my 325d 4 years now and cant rate it highly enough its my first BMW we've always had Mercs all its had is general servicing and this year an air con pump not bad considering its now done 140k everyone to there own I suppose but it will defineatly be replaced with a another.

also get cheap insurance being a 325 its £400 a year for me and the misses and she's only 25 DPF removed re flowed injectors and chipped it made 260bhp and 370lbft so she has plenty of poke too
                          sigpic

Comment

You can get good power out of the beemers, although I wouldn't be modifying a daily personally.

Anyone had merc's? I know nothing about them really. What could I get for around £7k?

Comment

Nissan qashqai for us, seems ok and decent size boot.

Comment

Working...
                              X