Engine Removal Cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Removal Cost

I'm hoping to start doing some work on my escos, firstly I would like to get the engine out and all the seals redone on this before getting it refitted, also get it all cleaned up so it's looking nice and fresh, what roughly should I expect to pay for this? I appreciate I won't get an exact figure, thanks in advance.

Are you rebuilding the engine as well ?
    PSN Ecossy93

Visit Jensen's Toys & Gifts Website
    http://jensenhullbmx.weebly.com/

Comment

no more than a few hours to remove, same to refit, so depending on labour rate probably a couple hundred quid.

Comment

No, it's only done 28k, just thought if it's out best to get seals done.

Comment

If your getting seals changed then its going to end up pretty stripped down - any actual leaks?

Comment

Why do you want it removing? if you've got a 28k car with no oil leaks, dont touch it

Comment

There was oil about it when I bought it although I have cleaned it up a good bit, It's maybe me just being anal and possibly not needing it, the guy I bought it off was an enthusiast but not to the extreme of done of us

Comment

Same as myne really, 40k but engine bay is grubby, and car was used in all weathers in the last 6 months the previous owner had it.
                Can't really get to all the places with engine in place.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Le Moignan View Post
                  Same as myne really, 40k but engine bay is grubby, and car was used in all weathers in the last 6 months the previous owner had it.
                  Can't really get to all the places with engine in place.
                  I just think if I'm gonna do it do it once then that's it done!

Comment

Yes I hope to get my car more or less there bar an underside resto if I ever wanted to.

Comment

Originally posted by seanyboy View Post
                      I just think if I'm gonna do it do it once then that's it done!
                      i wouldn't remove it myself, clean it in situ and if theres an oil leak, can be fixed in situ

Comment

Still can't get to all the bits though Andy, specially if you need to do things like paint block etc, guessing it's much easier with the engine out?

Comment

[QUOTE=AJC;605305]i wouldn't remove it myself, clean it in situ and if theres an oil leak, can be fixed in situ[/QUOTE

I'll take another look at it, I was going start underside sometime soon, we'll get everything stripped and powder coated and thinking of getting the gearbox etc cleaned up at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Le Moignan View Post
                            Still can't get to all the bits though Andy, specially if you need to do things like paint block etc, guessing it's much easier with the engine out?
                            That's my thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by sortedcossie View Post
                              no more than a few hours to remove, same to refit, so depending on labour rate probably a couple hundred quid.
                              want a job si

if you can out and in one in 4 hours your employed

Comment

Working...
                              X