Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted - Sequential 4x4 gearbox

Just testing the waters.

I'm potentially looking for a sequential gearbox for 4x4 Ecos, what have you got and how much.

Do it,there awesome.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QVtoTVeVl6M
    Thanks Mark.

NORRISMOTORSPORT 01773836274
    WWW.NI-FORDS.CO.UK

Comment

I love this vid so much [emoji106][emoji106]

Comment

I have looked into this speaking with nms they doing a escos at minite it's not simple,because it's the ratios that will cause the money and drivability to go south unless a track car reasons well if you buy one of the new quaife boxs they offer semi helical and straight cut but only available in 4.44 ratio so front diff and rear diff prop yes you won't get much change out of 15-18k then you could buy 2nd hand that be a risk as we all know no matter how good we told they are then how good is straight cut in the real world everyday might be good in a race car but I have a straight cut box and after half hour does my nut it's now my spare and use a semi for now til it breaks then the ear bleeder will be back lol....

Comment

15 - 18K that is a lot of coin, I will just pursue the road of a straight cut box then. I'm not that bothered about the noise inside the car.

Comment

Pete doughty box is the best one but as said is loud,I'm currently using the Sweden big tooth kit fix it,but have my pd box as my old faithful which only done 200miles(wife and kids wouldn't come out with me on long journeys the noise was too much) the ratios on the pd box are better and it changes gear nicer /quicker than my fix it one, there is the oppliger sequential at 6500k don't know how good that is mind

Comment

15k+ is for proper sequential boxs though,not mt75 jobbys with the casing strength problems at big power levels but as with everything you put a proper one in then the front diff will be weak link driveshafts etc it's ongoing I'm afraid as you say to keep it sensible stick with mt75 straight cut pd boxs are tried and tested at good power he also has remade his first kit that uses straight cut 2nd/3rd and you get a quiet 4/5th then for normality Wich I wish I'd got instead now of the fix it in someways,those 3 are the better ones in my opinion

Comment

Whats the price of PD gearboxes these days ?

BTCC Trakstar 1991 - Returned 2014

http://www.sapphirerscosworth.com/forums/

Comment

Originally posted by carl/saff View Post
                  Whats the price of PD gearboxes these days ?

I think fitted it was I'm guessing now around 3500-3800 new bearings sintered bulk rings etc
                  That's for the full kit.
                  The remade old kit I think he said it was about 1600 + fitting roughly

The fix it big tooth kit was 3600 fitted roughly again

Comment

Working...
                  X