Small Turbo engine and gearbox low mileage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Turbo engine and gearbox low mileage

I'm debating whether to sell my 25k mile engine and gearbox which can be heard running and driven at the moment. Doesn't smoke.. Not even under boost and has always started first time. No rattles or unwanted noises.
    I have previous mot's to verify mileage and a few service stamps in the book etc.. Apart from that no receipts of this that and the other as it's all totally original with no replacement parts. Gearbox is perfect and changes gears as it should, no wines or grinds.
    First owner covered 14k miles and I have covered 11k in the last 10 years.

I would like to know what sort of money I can achieve by selling this as a complete package or broken down separate without everyone going off topic. Thanks in advance. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your thinking of going bigger power the small turbo block is better as has the squirt jets, pretty sure that the head has more meat for porting to. If not then glwts
    sigpic
    MAD tuned, DP engine, 530 bhp 480 lbft, autronics, anti lag, EFR 7670,

Comment

is it from a matching numbers car?

Comment

Yes It's the original engine that came with the car cossiejim but this still doesn't answer my question? Cheers

Comment

One way of devaluing the car

Comment

whats your plans with the car?

can you not keep the engine?

Dave.

Comment

Seems we are all off topic so I would say £350 for gearbox as that's what I bought a rebuilt one for a few years back engine £3000
              sigpic

Comment

Gearboxes seem cheap at £350 unless you had a good buy Cossie col [emoji106]

Comment

Tbf 300ish is a fair gearbox price....

Comment

How much its worth depends on a few things.. For example if its a small turbo engine in a big turbo shell and its a built up car then its not worth as much

Comment

Originally posted by COZZFATHER View Post
                      How much its worth depends on a few things.. For example if its a small turbo engine in a big turbo shell and its a built up car then its not worth as much
                      He states above its the original engine to the car..

Comment

Shades your not giving us much to go on,if you think the box is worth more then it is,as for engine and block I recently bought a new block and 20k head and paid 4k with a 20k ford t34 turbo but block as said was new and head never been skimmed hardly any wear on cam caps! so your engine with a virgin crank must be 4k min and box 6-800
                        But tbh I'd keep the motor as spare there hard to get now as good as money in the bank��

Comment

Originally posted by Shades Rs View Post
                          Gearboxes seem cheap at £350 unless you had a good buy Cossie col [emoji106]

I have paid less for gearboxes but they didn't have a mileage to them fella, again it's all down to what people are willing to pay
                          sigpic

Comment

never seen a gearbox for more than £500

recon boxes are just over that to buy one an exchange basis.

Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by Cossie col View Post
                              Seems we are all off topic so I would say £350 for gearbox as that's what I bought a rebuilt one for a few years back engine £3000
                              Sounds like a fair price to me. Out of interest, why are you thinking about selling it

Comment

Working...
                              X