X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Restorations

I was over central day yesterday and saw some lovely fiesta RS turbo,s,

ive been wanting to get my silver frst restored for some time now

The money isn't a problem ( the cash is sitting here waiting to be spent )

The question is can anyone point me in the direction of someone who is willing and good enough to under take this job, I really don't have the time or space to do it myself,

cheers in advance

Suppose it depends what wants / needs doing and to what standard you want to go to

Would you travel anywhere or does it need to be down south

Comment

cossiedavid

Comment

im aftter getting the car finished as close as when it was new

Does cossiedavid go this far with projects

Comment

Does it need welding Baz?
          XYZ Fabrications
          Bespoke, custom and low batch quantity cnc profiling, engraving and fabriactions, 07917757695

Comment

no it doesn't mate,

there is a few little bits of rust bubbling in a couple of places, round the windscreen, So would maybe need a tiny plate in them places possibly, but I haven't dug them out to see how bad they are,

Comment

Once you tear them apart you wont no for sure whats needed, what about Gibby the painter, cracking lad and services/paint and does resto's, currently doing a full paint on my Saph

Comment

Another car that you won't use lol
                sigpic

Comment

You couldnt price a resto with out massively overpricing and then discounting it afterwards

Comment

I think he more wants someone who can do the job rather than a price, it's so hard finding someone you trust to do something like that

Comment

You can only ever really give an "estimate" on restoration work as some nasty things can be hidden away deep underneath what looks like a nice paint job.

We have a Fiesta RS Turbo in for a full resto at the moment. It was purchased by the owner as an MOT'd and "restored" car. The paint job looked pretty good and even when I inspected the exterior the only bad area was the bonnet was clearly full of filler from the bad prep marks. But when he took it for MOT the car was condemned and was probably the worst Fiesta I've seen.

We gave him an estimate, but It was only when the rear quarters were pulled off it started to become apparent just how bad it was. The end of the rear chassis legs were held on with silicone as there was no good metal to weld to, which had let water in through the rear of them which had rotted out the whole chassis legs.....

Oh well, the shell will be concours when we've finished with it!

If you're interested, we could certainly carry out the work required, but our waiting list for big jobs currently stands at around 3 months to get it in and we're not exactly local to you (not a problem to us, we get cars from all over the UK and beyond).

Comment

As ben says the money isn't an issue, Obviously that don't mean im stupid and someone can scam me and just feed me a bunch of lies as to what it needs, obviously im quite clued up with cars so no a fair bit, I would love to do it myself but just really don't have the time and space

I just want someone I can trust, That maybe someone has used in the past and can say for certain that there work is spot on, I can feel safe that the car is in safe hands and will come back right the first time round,

you hear so many horror stories of people putting there cars in places and they just never start them or strip them and never finish the job etc etc, People end up taking theres car out of these places with half there bits missing or the job turns out to be utter rubbish

Obviously this is not what I want, I want someone who comes highly recommended and trustworthy and whos going to do a good 1st time round, Ill pay the right money, Just want it done right and once, Would hate to get it done and not be happy and have to take it elsewhere costing more money

Comment

Our workshop is full of cars which have been taken elsewhere and bodged and then brought to us, which will end up costing the customer more for us to undo someone else's dodgy work and do it properly than starting from scratch in the first place! Not to mention what they'd already forked out to get it done worse in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike C View Post
                            Our workshop is full of cars which have been taken elsewhere and bodged and then brought to us, which will end up costing the customer more for us to undo someone else's dodgy work and do it properly than starting from scratch in the first place! Not to mention what they'd already forked out to get it done worse in the first place.
                            Have you got any pictures of your work?

Comment

If it was me I would get the whole shell dipped in acid and start there ! To be honest I think any professional restorer would prefere that
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X